Natural Capitalism Solutions - Project Manager
Location: Boulder, CO
Type: Contracted to Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Natural Capitalism Solutions
Natural Capitalism Solutions' (NCS) mission is to educate senior decision-makers in business, government, and civil society about the principles of sustainability. NCS shows how to restore and further enhance natural and human capital while increasing prosperity and quality of life. In partnership with leading thinkers and groups, Natural Capitalism Solutions creates innovative, practical tools and implementation strategies for companies, communities and countries.
NCS is recognized internationally for its work in the field of sustainability and was formed by Hunter Lovins, co-author of the acclaimed book Natural Capitalism: Creating the Next Industrial Revolution. NCS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Position: Project Manager
NCS is seeking a senior project manager who will be responsible for balancing the resources and timelines for a number of projects, as well as supporting team efforts for business development and communication efforts. You'll manage and implement sustainability projects that deliver tangible business value to companies, governments, and communities.
This position is about delivering outstanding value to NCS's partners (clients). The Project Manager will be a leader that is always ready to jump in, innovate, and grow with the organization. The Project Manager will work in a team of 8 full-time members (plus a posse of interns) where everyone has an equal voice.
Some examples of past clients of NCS include companies like Clif Bar, New Belgium, Johnson & Johnson, Aveda, United Nations, and Boulder County. Other projects include Presidential Climate Action Project and Madrone Project.
Your responsibilities will include!.
- Design and outline project parameters; manage project execution within budget and on time, and be able to work around constraints.
- Lead day-to-day client interactions, including presentations, webinars etc.
- Establish NCS as a key participant and partner in our client's business.
- Explore external partnerships that provide value add services to the organization.
- Actively contribute to the mission and growth of the organization, its employees, and mission.
We're looking for....
- Someone with 5+ years' experience in a project management role within a consultancy/agency environment.
- Someone with a track record of leading, managing, and building teams to create and implement employee engagement, sustainability, and strategic plans.
- Someone with a hands-on understanding of sustainability as a business driver.
- Someone with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with a group, independently, and with community members of diverse backgrounds.
- Someone who is teachable and has the humility to admit when they don't know something and the drive to find out.
- Someone who is a strategic thinker; can find new and efficient ways to streamline and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
- Someone who has excellent written, facilitation, and oral communication skills.
- Someone who has used project management software in a professional setting.
- Someone with a demonstrated success working in a time constrained environment.
- Someone with a sense of humor and likes to have fun at work.
- Someone who is a content expert.
- Sustainability reporting, GHG/energy accounting, supply chain audits, indicator/metric development, sustainable design, or food systems.
- Someone with employee engagement and group facilitation experience.
- Someone skilled at basic web development, graphic design, e-learning software, and copyediting.
How will we know you're the right person for the job?
Please complete the application on the right of the screen by midnight MST on Sunday, April 28.
The Application is meant to take the place of a cover letter. It is reccomended that you complete your answers in a separate document and paste them into the form.
- Strong candidates will be invited to do a short phone pre-interview before being introduced to the client hiring manager.
What happens if you're selected?
You'll be invited to join NCS in beautiful Boulder as a Project Manager. You will initially start a 3-month trial period, after which a year contract will be evaluated. You will travel when needed, about 10-15% of your time. The start date is negotiable, but they're looking to hire someone by late May. You'll receive a salary will commensurate with experience, with a full benefit package.
You'll join a small team with BIG goals. For NCS it's an honor to be able to work with companies, communities, and governments to create positive change.