Project Coordinator – Shaping the Future of Your Community Outreach and Assistance Program
Location: Worcester, MA
Sanctuary: Broad Meadow Brook
Mass Audubon is seeking a dynamic individual experienced in community planning, outreach and project management to coordinate our Shaping the Future of Your Community program. This award-winning program helps communities in Massachusetts understand, formulate, adopt, and implement tools for charting a more sustainable future through customized community workshops and direct assistance.
In coordination with other Mass Audubon staff and external partners, the Project Coordinator will work to engage citizens at the local and regional levels and assist local officials in achieving positive progress in community planning, resource protection, and innovation in zoning and land use regulation. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
· The organization and promotion of community and/or regional workshops on topics relating to sustainable community planning and development (~12 programs / year);
· Providing support for municipal sustainability initiatives;
· Coordinating technical assistance and referrals to external resources to assist municipalities in updating their plans and land use practices;
· Representing Mass Audubon and the Shaping program at related regional and statewide conferences;
· Coordinating with sanctuaries on integration of sustainable development and climate change adaptation messages into educational programs;
· Writing and sending a bi-monthly email newsletter, updating the Shaping website, and conducting media outreach in coordination with Mass Audubon’s public relations office;
· Conducting regular evaluations of the program’s impact and effectiveness;
· Flexibility in working schedule including some evenings and weekend work required;
· Ability to lift 35 pounds and to set up and break down small portable displays, audio and visual equipment, and associated materials at workshops and conferences required.
· B.A. or B.S. in Land Use Planning, Community Planning and Development, Sustainable Development, Environmental Policy or equivalent.
· 3+ years of experience in community planning, public administration, advocacy, program coordination, and/or nonprofit administration.
· Experience with public engagement techniques and the development of effective public outreach programs and materials, as well as the organization and promotion of public programs.
· Requires excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills, including public presentation skills, passion for the mission of Mass Audubon, as well as a firm working knowledge of land use planning and sustainable development.
· MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
· Successful candidates will need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and drivers)
· Valid Massachusetts drivers license required.
· Flexibility in working schedule including some evenings and weekend work required. Ability to lift 35 pounds and to set up and break down small portable displays, audio and visual equipment, and associated materials at workshops and conferences required.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience; includes full benefit package.
This position is located in Worcester, MA at our Broad Meadow Brook Sanctuary, but reports to the Advocacy/Legislative arm Mass Audubon
How to Apply
Please send (email preferred) your resume and cover letter to:
6 Beacon St., Suite 1025
Boston, MA 02108
6 Beacon St., Suite 1025
Boston, Massachusetts 02108