Job Title: Programs Coordinator
Start Date: Mid to late October
Location: AMAR U.S. Office, 1616 H Street NW, Suite 105, Washington, DC 20006. Some international travel will be required particularly to the UK, Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen.
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Sunday 6 October, 11.59pm
The AMAR International Charitable Foundation in the United States of America (AMAR U.S.) is creating a new ‘Programs Coordinator’ position at its Washington office
We are seeking an exceptional candidate with a keen interest in rebuilding communities and creating long-term sustainable solutions for populations in conflict zones and high-stress areas in the Middle East and elsewhere.
The Programs Coordinator will place a high value on capacity-building and institution-building through the provision of innovative health, education and empowerment initiatives as tools for stabilization, conflict resolution and human rights promotion.
As a small and growing organisation the Programs Coordinator will hold direct responsibility for managing key programs and development initiatives, but will support all aspects of the work of AMAR U.S. See below for key responsibilities of the position and skills required. The full job announcement can be found on our website at http://www.amarfoundation.org/amar_us/progcoord.php
AMAR U.S. was founded in 2010 as the American affiliate of the AMAR International Charitable Foundation, a British charity providing health and educational services in the Middle East and South Asia since 1991. Today AMAR is providing health care, education, human rights, women’s empowerment and vocational training to over 500,000 people in the most disadvantaged areas of Iraq and Lebanon. AMAR U.S. currently has major ongoing projects to combat gender based violence and promote neo-natal health in Iraq, education projects in Lebanon, and continues to develop new programs to relieve poverty and suffering in some of the world’s most troubled regions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Programs Coordinator will hold direct responsibility for managing key programs and development initiatives, but will also support all aspects of AMAR U.S.’ work as we continue to establish organizationally in the U.S. and develop our presence in the Washington D.C. non-governmental community.
Responsibilities will vary and will include:
– Manage existing and future projects with governmental, institutional and private donors;
– Write grant proposals for new projects, including in response to specific US government and institutional requests for proposals.
– Grow AMAR’s roster of corporate social responsibility partnerships with companies working in the Middle East.
– Liaise with existing US-based donors and research and profile appropriate donor bases to cultivate new donors;
– Develop the annual fundraising capacity of AMAR U.S. through activities including fundraisers and the maintenance of AMAR Supporters Circles in key US cities;
– Raise awareness of AMAR U.S. and the ‘AMAR model’ of primary healthcare in conflict zones and high stress areas through press-releases, newsletters and public appearances;
– Maintain and develop the AMAR U.S. website and social media channels;
– Help to represent AMAR to US government agencies, international institutions, NGOS and think-tanks;
– Prepare presentations of AMAR projects and ‘the AMAR model’ in a variety of formats ; powerpoint, briefing reports, web pages etc.;
– Arrange travel, meetings and appointments; Attend meetings and think tank sessions and draft official minutes;
– General administrative, office management and other ad hoc tasks.
Key Qualities and Skills Required
– Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field of study;
– Minimum of 3 years work experience, ideally to include:
– Grant Writing
– Project Management
– Development of corporate and individual donors;
– Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills, including the confidence to make oral presentations in settings of all sizes;
– Strong writing and editing skills;
– An aptitude for producing high-quality work to deadlines and to balancing multiple commitments in an organised and efficient way;
– High level of numeracy;
– Proficiency with IT generally and the MS office package; Website editing experience preferred;
– Knowledge of Arabic is not necessary, but a plus;
– Commitment to core human rights values, tolerance and diversity.
How to apply
Please e-mail a cover letter, CV and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Programs Coordinator Application’. All applications will be acknowledged.
1616 H St NW, Suite 105, Washington, District of Columbia, 20006, United States