Under the supervision of the ICT Programs Director, performs tasks as described below. Only individuals already authorized to work in the United States should apply.
Given the dynamic nature of Internews’ Open Internet portfolio, this position is best suited towards creative individuals who thrive in collaborative team environment but also know how to prioritize and multi-task efficiently. Prior experience working on internet freedom, ICT4D, freedom of expression is preferred. An interest or demonstrated aptitude in exploring management or technical software tools is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides project management services including financial tracking and progress toward program deliverables for selected program partners
- Lead on monitoring and evaluation, coordinates with consultants and partners on mid-term and final evaluations, coordinates production of quarterly reports
- Leads proposal development
- Oversees organization of meetings/events as needed; prepares correspondence and reports from conferences and discussion panels
- Represents Internews at conferences and events, with funders and with policy experts
- Special research projects ; Director
- Minimum 5 years international programmatic experience and financial management, including project deliverables and timelines, deadlines, budget analysis and preparation
- Previous experience in developing, adapting or managing monitoring and evaluation efforts
- Previous work experience and understanding of internet freedom, human rights sector a significant asset
- Relevant university degree required.
- Extensive grant proposal/report-writing experience (with USG a plus)
- Regional language skills helpful
- Experience with digital security issues in online and mobile environments helpful
- Demonstrated supervisory and interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Proficient in Windows Office Suite
- Able and willing to travel