LIFT’s mission is to help community members achieve economic stability and well-being. LIFT operates 10 resource centers within the cities of Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. where we are working to establish a new standard for holistic and enduring solutions in our country’s fight against poverty.
At our two offices in Roxbury and Somerville, LIFT-Boston works to lift families out of poverty for good. Our work is driven by a network of highly committed people: Members and Advocates. LIFT Members are hardworking people committed to giving their families the opportunity to lead better lives and Advocates are partners and problem-solversmost of whom are passionate college student volunteers. Together, they work to set goals to find jobs, secure housing, access public benefits/tax credits, and connect to vital social services as well as make steps to achieve them.
LIFT-Boston is looking for a dynamic, talented leader to serve as Program Manager in its Cambridge-Somerville Center. This newly-redefined position offers the opportunity to be part of a nonprofit with deep, local roots as well as to help shape a growing national movement.
The Program Manager will directly manage all program delivery and member services, as well as supervise three AmeriCorps program team members in the LIFT-Boston office located in Union Square, Somerville. The Program Manager cultivates and strengthens partnerships with a diverse array of constituent groups including social service providers, university partners and government agencies. It is expected that a key part of the Somerville Program Manager’s role will be enhancing the training, support and retention of LIFT’s dedicated volunteers thereby enhancing its ability to deliver excellent service to its members. The Program Manager will partner with the Roxbury Program Manager to set ambitious goals for LIFT’s impact and will lead performance evaluation at the site level. The position reports to LIFT-Boston’s Executive Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Program and Site Leadership
- Provide management, support, training, and direction to LIFT-Boston’s staff with special attention to member service quality and local volunteer management, training, and service delivery
- In partnership with the national and regional team, work with site team to set ambitious annual goals in line with the strategic growth plan and drive superior performance against these goals
- Implement and maintain appropriate operational infrastructure and procedures with the support of the Executive Director and LIFT’s national office
- Oversee reporting functions of the site and compiling regular status reports
- Ensure safety and security policies are consistently implemented and followed
External Relations and Partnership Development
- Support program team to build and strengthen relationships with local colleges and other partners to advance volunteer recruitment efforts
- Establish and strengthen partnerships with key community agencies and organizations
- Represent LIFT-Boston to increase visibility and enhance programming in service areas
- Work with development team to host site visits
- Lead LIFT-Boston’s training, onboarding and supervision of staff and volunteers
- Partner with Roxbury Program Manager on program performance and evaluation
- Manage regional team meetings in collaboration with Roxbury Program Manager
- Commitment to LIFT’s mission and core values
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling; licensure in social work or counseling preferred
- Experience and cultural competency in working with vulnerable communities and high-risk populations
- Bilingual (Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese) a plus!
- Experience as a manager and administrator in a direct service or clinical environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization, including flexibility, creativity, and initiative
- Willingness to work occasional weekends or evenings (trainings or events)
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes salary, full healthcare coverage (including dental and vision), disability and life insurance, professional development opportunities, the option to participate in a 403(b) payroll savings plan with employer match (after one year of employment), and four weeks of paid time off in the first year of employment plus one floating holiday. This increases to five weeks in the second year with one floating holiday.
How to apply
Please email a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills, interests and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, a resume and salary requirements to, Maicharia Weir Lytle, Executive Director at email@example.com. Please put “Program Manager Application” in the subject line of your email.
Only complete applications will be reviewed.
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
Maicharia Weir Lytle
366 Somerville Avenue, Somerville, MA, 02143, US