- DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and in coordination with the Chief of Clinic Operations, provides behavioral health program administration and direct services for patients for a non-profit community health clinic.
Salud Para La Gente, an FQHC in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties is looking for a dynamic behavioral health professional to implement a behavioral health program in our clinics. Salud Para La Gente is based in Watsonville and has served the community for more than 30 years.
The behavioral health professional will be based in the clinic and will be part of the medical team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate individual who will work with the medical team to fulfill our mission to provide high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare responsive to the needs of the communities we serve.
Knowledge of: the principles, practices, and procedures used in behavioral health to detect, diagnose, and treat mental illness within their scope of practice. Care and control of chronic and acute behavioral health conditions and of the principles and practices of public health medicine laws and regulations; of the ethics of patient care; of referral systems and community resources.
Ability to: treat, counsel, and educate clients who are primarily monolingual farm workers and their families; communicate effectively and respectfully with people from different racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and lifestyles, demonstrating a knowledge of and sensitivity to their needs; to maintain effective working relationships with agency staff, clients, other community agencies, the medical community, and the public; to promote a participatory work environment; to plan analytically for the present and future circumstances; to utilize a broad perspective in the development of the various components of the clinic; and to enhance the image of the agency in the community.
- California Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed psychologist
- Maintains an updated CPR certificate, valid California driver's license, and valid DEA license; submits copies of renewed licenses and certificates to Human Resources.
- Experience working in a community health center setting or similar environment is desired.
- Fluent Spanish/English Required
//SALUD PARA LA GENTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMLPOYEES shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition oR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW.//
How to apply
195 Aviation Way Suite 200, Watsonville, CA, 95076, US