Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America's #1 conservation service organization seeks a Program Manager for our Sandy Recovery Programs based out of our New York, NY location.
Primarily based in an office environment with some field-based activities, the position will manage all operational and administrative aspects of SCA's NYC Hurricane Sandy Recovery programs. Work with NPS and partner organizations to organize projects; hire and supervise leaders and support staff for all teams in the field and ensure both agency and member outcomes are achieved in a safe and responsible manner; maintain and develop partnerships with federal and state land agencies and community organizations.
• Program Outcomes and Agency Relations
• Staff/Member Management and Support
• Fiscal Management
• Equipment Coordination and Management
• Operations Support
• Bachelor's degree in natural resources, environmental science, education or related field and 2 -4 years related field/work experience or 5+ years of progressively responsible experience including skills related to the position such as program management, leadership in an outdoor setting and experience working with programmatic partners
• Demonstrated experience in conservation service planning and implementation
• Knowledge of conservation work and natural resource management required.
• Experience working with young people required (urban populations preferred)
• Demonstrated program management success with large scale program of over 500 leaders/members in the field at a time
• Demonstrated team leadership and supervisory experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to develop and maintain relationships needed
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a highly mobile, fast paced team.
• Strong computer skills particularly in MS Office and Access databases.
• Budget management experience highly desirable
• Proven organizational and administrative skills.
• Current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification required or willing to obtain upon hire
• New York City resident or demonstrated knowledge of the city strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with SCA or similar Corps programs desired
• Criminal background that meets SCA standards required
• Valid driver's license with MVR that meets SCA standards required
• Must have access to cell phone for business purposes
• Willingness to travel regionally and drive in NYC
Health and Dental * Basic Life Insurance * Short Term Disability * Long Term Disability * Flexible Spending Account * 403(b) Savings Plan * Generous Paid Time Off * Community Service Leave * Casual Dress
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
For more information regarding this position and how to apply, please visit our website at http://www.thesca.org/employment