The Center for Economic Progress (CEP) is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and highly motivated individual to manage all aspects of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) quarterly payment pilot initiative that will operate in partnership with the City of Chicago. The pilot program seeks to test the feasibility and impact of providing up to 500 Chicago recipients of the federal EITC with advanced access to a portion of their tax credit dollars during 2014. The program hypothesizes that advanced access will promote household financial stability. CEP will oversee all aspects of this initiative, including: finalizing project design; coordinating with City of Chicago and other partners; identifying and collaborating with an evaluator to rigorously assess the initiative; client outreach, recruitment, enrollment and ongoing communication; establishing the payment infrastructure; ensuring clients utilize CEP’s tax preparation services in 2015; and, program close-out and final review.
The position is time limited with an expected hire date of January 2014 and anticipated project completion by June 2015. Any extension of the project is contingent on the potential for expansion or replication and availability of future funding.
About Us: Local in service, national in voice — the Center for Economic Progress is a nonprofit organization that helps hard-working, low-income families move from financial uncertainty to financial security. CEP provides free tax preparation, tax-related legal assistance, and financial coaching services that assist low-income clients in accessing significant financial resources, improving their credit status and building savings. Annually, CEP staff and 1,000 volunteers provide high-quality tax preparation and tax-related legal and financial services to over 20,000 clients in Chicago and surrounding communities.
Primary Responsibilites Include:
- Hire, supervise and support seasonal staff to serve as project representatives in target communities and with partner organizations
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationship with project evaluation team to ensure integration of project design with evaluation framework
- Apply basic tax law knowledge to develop outreach and marketing materials consistent with project design
- Coordinate outreach and enrollment activities to ensure all program goals are met
- Ensure program activities operate within the policies and procedures of CEP and comply with all relevant legal and professional standards
- Document program activities and ensure all assigned staff utilize required tools and protocols
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of relevant data and documentation in partnership with project evaluator
- Monitor program performance on a regular basis; make modifications as needed
- Conduct follow-up activities with project participants to maximize program outcomes and results; provide customer service to address participant concerns and resolve issues
- Plan and coordinate 2015 tax filing process for participants in concert with CEP Tax Services Department
- Maintain and develop external partnerships and collaborations to support the program as well as the strategic direction of the organization
- Represent CEP before external audiences at events, conferences, coalition meetings and other venues
- Oversee vendor and product management, analyzing and evaluating financial products and vendor-provided services in accord with program goals and objectives
Compensation and Job Benefits: To the selected candidate, CEP offers:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience ($46,000 to $53,000 per year)
- Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) including medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement, disability
- Three weeks paid vacation the first year and 12 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule (37.5 hours/weeks); some evenings and weekend hours may be required
Professional and Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required
Job Experience: At least two years program/project management experience; non-profit experience a definite plus.
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Customer service and/or marketing experience preferred
- Tax preparation and/or public benefits screening experience a plus
- Prior experience with program evaluation a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Physical Requirements of the Position: The Program Manager works out of CEP’s downtown Chicago office. S/he will spend a significant portion of his/her time in target communities. Flexibility in schedule, including evening or weekend work, may be required.
How to apply
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume by December 13, 2013 to:
Cheryl Travers, Human Resources Business Partner
Mail: 567 W. Lake Street, Ste. 1150, Chicago IL 60661
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: (312) 630-0276
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRES*
The Center for Economic Progress is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a culturally diverse workplace and welcomes persons with disabilities.
Fax: (312) 630-0276
567 W. Lake Street, Ste. 1150, Chicago, IL, 60661, US