Project Tomorrow (www.tomorrow.org) is a national education nonprofit organization based in Irvine CA. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as Program Manager for our Tomorrow’s Teachers Initiative.
The vision of Project Tomorrow is to ensure that today’s students are well prepared to be tomorrow’s innovators, leaders and engaged citizens of the world. We approach our mission through national research projects, programs that support students’ interests in the teaching and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields, online tools and resources for students, teachers and parents, and national and regional advocacy efforts.
This Program Manager position will be responsible for the management of two initiatives: the nationally recognized YouthTEACH2Learn (YT2L) school based program and the California Future Educators Association (CFEA) extracurricular clubs. YT2L is a high-impact school program that provides high school students with the opportunity to explore teaching as a career through a specially designed curriculum and classroom teaching experiences (http://www.tomorrow.org/programs/yt2l.html). CFEA fosters the recruitment and development of a new generation of prospective educators through the establishment of high school clubs to support students’ interest in careers in education (http://www.tomorrow.org/fea/) .
The responsibilities of the Program Manager include the following:
- Responsibility for all aspects of both the YT2L and the CFEA programs including management of all operations, logistics, evaluation processes, budgets and marketing efforts.
- Development of partnerships and alliances with participating schools and districts, education associations, and community organizations throughout California.
- Management of the relationship with the national organization, Future Educators Association, and other state FEA organizations.
- Development and implementation of a strategic plan for the expansion of the CFEA chapters and YT2L program sites.
- Management of the annual CFEA state conference(s).
- Work collaboratively with our Grants Manager and the Research and Evaluation staff on funding development efforts and grant report compliance.
- Manage our online properties including our social media and related websites for the portfolio programs.
- Represent Project Tomorrow in the communities we serve.
The key attributes of this position include:
Full time position located in our Irvine CA national headquarters office.
Salary based upon experience and qualifications.
Great working environment with a dedicated, enthusiastic team.
Ability to start immediately.
We are seeking to interview strong candidates for this position with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three years of successful non-profit program management experience. Preference is for experience in the K-12 education sector.
- Experience in the development and administration of work plans, budgets and program evaluation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and deadlines in a high production atmosphere.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including fluency in public speaking.
- Experience in building relationships with a wide variety of individuals including teachers, principals, university faculty, students, nonprofit program managers, corporate community relations staff members and other community stakeholders.
- Strong technology skills.
- Superior organizational skills with strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Mature decision-making capabilities.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for our mission.
- Exemplary character qualities with strong ethics.
- Excellent personal and professional references.
How to apply
If you meet the stated qualifications, please send the following to email@example.com and include in the email subject line “TTI position” –
1. a cover letter that explains why you are qualified for this position and your current salary requirements,
2. a resume, and
3. contact information for two professional references.
Project Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.
15707 Rockfield Boulevard, Suite 250, Irvine, CA, 92618, US