Interfaith Works is seeking a full-time Program Director/Clinical Supervisor for Community Vision, a day program for homeless adults, living on the streets or in local shelters. This Silver Spring program offers basic services and individualized case management. The Program Director is the lead supervisor at this site and is responsible for all program activities. She/he provides direct supervision to the clinical personnel, including case managers and graduate student interns, and is the liaison to the Department of Health and Human Services for any clinical issues at this site.
Qualifications: MSW, with Maryland licensure and a minimum of three years post-graduate experience and two or more years of experience supervising employees (status as a registered supervisor is preferred). Experience as a case manager of clients with mental illness and/or substance abuse problems, knowledge and understanding of issues related to homelessness; crisis intervention experience; strong written and oral communication skills; computer proficiency.
Other Qualifications: Flexibility and openness to working in a hectic program services environment with clients from diverse racial, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds; ability to work as a team member with compassionate, professional respect and patience; knowledge of community resources relating to homelessness, as well as commitment and interest in seeking out additional resources; strong communication skills and professional boundaries; attention to detail and follow-up.
- Supervises all clinical personnel including Case Managers and graduate student interns, meeting with them individually on a weekly basis and providing consultation on complex cases.
- Supervises intake procedure, assessments, referrals and outreach when needed.
- Oversees program meetings, in-service trainings, presentations and provides consultation to staff, providers and community.
- Conducts or participates in case conferences internally or externally as appropriate.
- Provides direct services to clients, when needed, to assist with problem solving, treatment planning, and to mediate client complaints.
- Serves as back-up for Case Managers and other essential staff during vacations and other absences.
- Commits to the provision of culturally competent services.
- Facilitates weekly team/staff meetings, and daily clinical rounds.
- Works closely with the Administrative Program Director during the hiring process for all case managers, and works independently on hiring the student interns.
- Provides orientation and training for all new Case Managers, other staff and interns.
- Is responsible for program compliance with mandatory reporting laws, incident reporting, ethical guidelines, and other compliance items as required.
- Provides performance feedback to direct reports when needed, completes yearly written performance evaluations and takes corrective action as needed.
- Serves as a member of the management team, attends monthly/quarterly extended managers meetings, participates in program development.
- Monitors all case records, ensuring compliance with contract outcome measures and correct reporting of all data.
- Acts as a liaison to the Mental Health Core Service Agency, Access Team, Crisis Center, ACT Team, Homeless Outreach Services, other Mental Health Providers and Homeless Providers for the purpose of linking clients to needed services.
- Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned by the Director of Homeless Services.
Interfaith Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Specify “Program Director/Clinical Supervisor – Idealist” in the email subject line.
Applicants determined to meet the qualifications and requirements for this position will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team.
114 W. Montgomery Ave, Rockville, MD, 20850, US