• Managing program staff and S2S Expedition Leaders including prioritizing, assigning, monitoring and controlling their work
• Fostering strategic partnerships with key organizations essential to the long-term success of the program
• Developing relationships with program donors in partnership with the development team
• Developing and managing the program budget
• Ensuring program content is meeting programmatic objectives
• Evaluating the performance of S2S programs
• Managing the program towards achieving strategic objectives identified by the Board of Directors
• Proven strengths in each of the responsibilities listed in the above description
• Knowledge of and experience working with veterans and/or personal military experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication
• Ability to effectively communicate the Soldiers to Summits and No Barriers missions to the public
• Ability to build and lead strong teams of people including supervisory experience
• Significant personal travel experiences both domestically and abroad
• Ability to build educational programs from initial concept through long-term sustainability
• Fundraising experience and/or exposure in the areas of grant-writing, donor cultivation, major gifts and/or corporate sponsorships
• Experience using the outdoors as a learning tool for adults
• Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Proven team player who can add value to all that we do at No Barriers USA
• Minimum bachelors degree, advanced degree preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience though salaries are set based on the Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Salary Survey. Ideal candidate will work from the Fort Collins, CO office though offsite locations will be considered. Position is ½ to full-time depending on candidates and budget.
Soldiers to Summits is a program of No Barriers USA, a nonprofit organization based on Ft. Collins, Colorado. For more information about No Barriers, visit www.nobarriersusa.org.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis though we hope to fill the position by July 1. No calls please.