QUEST SCHOLARS NETWORK PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Quest Scholars Network (QSN) Program Director position offers an exceptional opportunity to contribute to the growth of a far-reaching entrepreneurial social venture.
QSN is a division of the Quest Scholars Program, a nonprofit organization that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that transform their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions. (Additional information about QSN can be found at www.questscholarsnetwork.org.)
The QSN Program Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer of the Quest Scholars Program and will direct the Quest Scholars Network, which serves Quest Scholars at our 35 partner college campuses. This position provides an opportunity for a talented, socially conscious individual to shape the future growth and direction of QSN, while advancing a groundbreaking social mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the program, and nurture its growth and future development plan.
- Direct new program and networking initiatives, while finding innovative approaches to support Quest Scholars in their professional development.
- Assume responsibility for the overall messaging and public face of the network with respect to the current mission, while also imagining opportunities for expanding this mission.
- Oversee the advising and mentoring of Quest Liaisons on the campuses of our partner colleges.
- Conduct occasional site visits, as needed, to our partner college campuses.
- Supervise the work of the Program Manager, Program Associate and other program staff.
- Oversee an annual program budget, including department spending and expenditure approvals.
- Help design and implement creation of new program materials.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Read and evaluate student applications and review key pieces of writing.
- Minimum of a BA degree and at least five years of full-time professional experience that demonstrates increasing responsibility
- Evidence of being a visionary who thinks strategically and can see the big picture while understanding the granular details
- Significant experience with project oversight, with a proven track record of successfully working with key managers
- Superior writing and editing ability, with experience preparing documents to the highest publication-quality standards
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Excel and/or Mac OSX
- Technical know-how and ease learning new applications
- Process oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to understand and communicate complex processes in a straightforward way
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handing sensitive personal information and situations
- Master’s degree in relevant field, such as education management, non-profit management, public policy, or the social sciences or equivalent professional experience
- Prior non-profit management experience
- Experience analyzing quantitative as well as qualitative data to measure outcomes
- Familiarity with use of technology to scale programs and increase impact of the team
- Experience in marketing and/or communications, in both print and online/social media contexts
- Experience supervising and managing others
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a revenue-generating social venture
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of the Quest Scholars Network and its counterpart program, QuestBridge
- Warm, positive personality. Strong interpersonal skills to communicate well with college students, alumni, deans and faculty, and business professionals
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics
- Self-starter, with ability to self-manage and take ownership of work. Keen sense of accountability
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a small team of colleagues
- Strong work ethic, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization
- Desire to grow and develop professionally. Quick study, independently resourceful
The Quest Scholars Program offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Hours & Location of Work
This is a full-time position. The Quest Scholars Program is located in downtown Palo Alto, CA, just steps from the Palo Alto Cal-train station.
How to apply
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and your name in the subject line. Please be specific: “QSN Program Director – John Doe.”
115 Everett Avenue, Palo Alto, California, 94301, United States