The EICC® is a non-profit organization committed to helping our 80+ international members understand and improve the social and environmental challenges and opportunities in the global electronics supply chain. Our vision is to help our members build an electronics industry supply chain that consistently operates with social, environmental and economic responsibility. We are the premier organization for advancing social and environmental initiatives in the industry.
Through facilitating collaboration among the EICC, our members and external stakeholders, we work with our members to develop supply chain capabilities to assess and address social and environmental risks as they relate to our Code of Conduct. We also focus on issues that are a priority to our members, including emerging issues that are not well understood. This forward-thinking approach helps develop best practices for EICC members. Responding to immediate and critical issues helps build partnerships, develop industry understanding, and foster a root-cause and solutions-oriented approach. The EICC, founded in 2004, recently transitioned from being managed by member volunteers to a paid staff. We are currently seeking a Program Director for this dynamic and growing organization! For more information on the EICC, go to www.eicc.info.
This individual will provide subject matter expertise in support of the EICC's mission to develop a socially and environmentally responsible supply chain for the electronics industry. The Director helps develop and maintain Coalition programs, serving as an internal resource to address current or emerging issues. Performs research and analysis of key sustainability issues and also contributes to the Coalition's initiatives with administrative support. The role entails working closely with the Workgroup Leads (i.e. the volunteers leading various initiatives) with other professionals at the member companies as well as the Executive Director and the Coalition's Board of Directors.
The EICC Program Director will:
• Support Executive Director, Board of Directors and Workgroup Leads on all aspects of the assigned programs.
• Perform benchmarking, research and analysis on sustainability topics.
• Contribute written material to internal and external communications.
• Acquire skills necessary to collect,access and analyze data.
• Participate in regular workgroup conference calls.
• Work with volunteer leaders to manage key initiatives by helping form strategies and implementation plans.
• Perform various administrative tasks in support of workgroups, e.g. meeting facilitation, meeting notes, tracking action items
Desired Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
• A positive attitude and passion for sustainability
• Ability to work independently and make effective decisions
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to function in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work remotely (see location below)
• Minimum 5+ year's work experience.
• Bachelor's degree
• Background in the areas of sustainability strategy, human/labor rights, environmental management, , stakeholder engagement etc.
• An advanced degree in business, public policy, public administration, environmental or sustainability management or a similar undergraduate minor/major is a plus.
• Multi-lingual ; English plus one or more of these languages (Chinese Mandarin, Spanish, or Japanese) is a plus.
• Knowledge/experience of supply chain management is a plus.
• Social and/or environmental auditing experience is a plus.