The Environmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) seeks a Program Director to lead its energy and climate policy work. Position is located in ELM's Boston office (Beacon Hill). Position is open until filled but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
The Program Director reports to the President. This position has two primary responsibilities:
1) To serve as ELM's lead staff person on clean energy and climate policy work; and
2) To oversee and coordinate ELM's Global Warming Solutions Project (GWSP).
As clean energy and climate policy lead and GWSP coordinator (90-95% of time), the Program Director will:
• Work as part of ELM's policy team to advance the organization's clean energy and climate agenda, including by coordinating joint advocacy and targeted legislative action related to energy efficiency, renewable energy technology, climate adaptation and mitigation strategies.
• Direct the Global Warming Solutions Project (GWSP), a diverse stakeholder network committed to ensuring MA meets its legally mandated GHG emissions reductions targets.
• Work with GWSP network members/technical team to monitor state implementation of the Global Warming Solutions Act (GWSA) and update the GWSP Implementation Scorecard (an ELM project that measure's the state's success in reducing GHG emissions).
Additional responsibilities include writing and coordinating project reports, developing/filing proposals, and scheduling and facilitating meetings.
• Bachelor's degree and several year's experience in environmental field. Master's degree preferred.
• Extensive knowledge in the areas of energy policy (including renewable energy) and climate change (including mitigation and adaptation).
• Exceptional written/verbal communication skills, including meeting facilitation.
• Self-starter, ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deliverables simultaneously.
• Experience coordinating and facilitating meetings and networks of people. A "people person" who works well with others.
• Thorough knowledge of MA (and regional) climate policies, programs, and initiatives (desired).
• Familiarity with environmental advocacy community, particularly key players/organizations, in Boston/MA (desired).
• Experience working with Foundations (desired).
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with qualifications. ELM offers competitive health, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Send cover letter and resume via email to ELM at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may address your letter to Nancy Goodman, ELM's Vice President for Policy. This position is open until filled but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.