The Partners Program
Start Date: Immediate
The vision and mission of The Partners Program is to build a community of students, teachers, and other adults working together through concrete strategies and actions to break down the barriers to academic success faced by under-resourced young people in our community. The Partners Program bolsters our students' academic success and improves their access to high quality educational opportunities.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Director of Partners and will assist in all aspects of the program offerings, including the Summer Academy, the Academic Year Middle School Program, the High School Transition Program and the College Transition Program. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, organized, and detail-oriented individual with outstanding communication skills and a familiarity with working in an educational setting. In addition, they must have the ability to multi-task and handle various responsibilities that often overlap.
The Coordinator reports to the Director of The Partners Program.
This is a full-time, year round position with benefits.
He/she will have the following responsibilities:
• Draft and prepare correspondence, and coordinate mailings.
• Assist with Program events, invitations, RSVPs, registration, site logistics, data entry and follow-up.
• Prepare Program materials.
• Collect & maintain student records and information.
• Schedule meetings and provide coordination as needed.
• Provide other administrative support as necessary.
• Perform any other department duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Advanced ability with Google Mail; Google Calendar; Google Documents.
• Database experience required, Raiser's Edge experience is a plus.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have solid time management abilities.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ideal candidates will possess exceptional attention to detail, initiative and creativity.
• Website design and development.
• Experience in social media is a plus.
• Administrative experience is a plus.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Fields Nelson Director, Partners Program c/o The College Preparatory School.
Email address: email@example.com
Write your full name and "Program Coordinator" in the subject line.
Please do not send a fax or a paper copy.
For more information about our program, visit our website athttp://www.college-prep.org/about/the-partners-program/index.aspx
The Partners Program, as an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age, or disability. We actively seek diversity among our faculty and administration as well as among our students.
Fields Nelson Director,
6100 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94618, US