Clean Energy Group (CEG), a leading nonprofit advocacy organization working in the areas of clean energy policy and finance, seeks a Program Associate. This individual will work on state and municipal energy policy, focusing primarily on our Resilient Power Project. For more information about CEG's Resilient Power Project, see http://www.cleanegroup.org/
Location: Montpelier, VT
Availability: This is a full-time position commencing immediately. It is currently funded for two years.
Description of Position:
The Program Associate will carry out program objectives for resilient power/clean energy policies and projects at the municipal level. The Associate will devote considerable attention to energy assurance/resilient power, clean distributed electricity generation and energy storage. Our Resilient power project strives to create uninterruptable power supplies for critical facilities due to grid damage and interruptions.
• Build relationships with and participate in regional and national organizations concerned with sustainable development and disaster preparedness/planning at the municipal level.
• Assist municipal grant recipients to use their resources effectively and efficiently to design and build clean, resilient power projects.
• Help develop and implement various resilient power incentive programs, including program design and data/reporting requirements.
• Recruit municipal officials to become active in the Resilient Power Project.
• Identify, evaluate and promote best practices involving municipal resilient power/energy assurance.
• Develop case studies, identify successes and lessons learned, facilitate peer-to-peer state and municipal communication, and use successful projects and programs to create templates for new projects and programs to be replicated in other municipalities.
• Prepare written and e-products such as white papers, case studies, web pages, blogs, press releases, webinars, handbooks, and toolkits. Make effective use of social media platforms.
• Communicate effectively with other Resilient Power Project team members to accomplish the deliverables that overlap municipal, state, federal, low-income communities, financial program and communications areas.
• Experience in project management, technical support and/or marketing.
• Candidates should be self-starters and have a versatile skillset. The ability to work independently, with strong attention to detail, is mandatory.
• Must also be out-going and display a high degree of professionalism with the ability to continuously prioritize, multitask, and work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
• Ideally, candidates will have some experience with energy assurance/resilient power, clean distributed electricity generation and/or energy storage.
• Experience working with municipal officials is a plus.
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office programs with advanced Excel skills preferred.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
• Three to five years' related work experience.
• Experience in the solar industry or on clean energy policy preferred.
Occasional domestic travel is required. Business travel typically lasts from two to four days with some possible weekend travel necessary.
Submit cover letter, resume, two references, and salary requirements. Subject Line: Program Associate. Review of applications will begin on September 2nd and will continue until the position is filled.
50 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05602