Good Shepherd Services, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking a Program Aide, for our After School at Sumner/Cornerstone Community Center Program in Brooklyn.
The Program Aide will support and assist his/her respective group leader(s) in carrying out all planned educational and enrichment activities for after school participants at Sumner Community Center.
- Assist the group leader with activities, including sports/recreation, educational, arts and crafts, and special events.
- Assist the group leader with effective classroom management techniques.
- Assist in collecting pertinent information and documents (i.e. daily participant attendance logs).
- Distribute lunches and/or snacks and assist in the maintenance of rooms.
- Discuss participant challenges and ways to overcome them with respective group leader(s).
- Assist group leader(s) in developing positive reinforcement strategies (i.e. rewards system).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently attending High School or have a High School Diploma/GED.
- Must demonstrate reliable and consistent work habits, and the ability to work with youth.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability and willingness to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
How to apply
Go to http:www.goodshepherds.org for a complete description and application instructions.
862 Park Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11206, United States