DloHaiti is a for-profit venture providing safe drinking water to Haitian consumers in underserved areas in Haiti. Potable water in our target markets is mostly provided through a business model where water is purified centrally and delivered by trucks to customers, often with water storage kiosks as an intermediary. This is inefficient, costly, and a poor model for serving peri-urban and rural areas.
DloHaiti seeks to improve this business model in Haiti, lowering costs, improving water quality, and delivering services that increase convenience and access. Initial target markets are underserved communities where customers pay high prices for drinking water due to poor or uneconomical access by water trucks.
More can be found at www.dlohaiti.com
This is an opportunity to work with passionate, hands-on entrepreneurs to create a market-driven approach addressing difficult social issues. DloHaiti is a commercial business, not an NGO. However, given the focus on providing safe water, it is an opportunity to make a significant, positive impact on the health and lives of Haitians while applying proven business practices and strategies. Prominent global investors who have a long-term commitment to Haiti support the company.
Job Responsibilities and Selection Criteria:
The Procurement Officer reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The principal areas of responsibility are as follows:
1. Procurement Strategy and Planning
- Work closely with the CFO, CTO, and other members of the management team to develop a clear procurement strategy with a timeline and milestones.
- Evaluate and revise, if necessary, the current procurement guidelines within the defined framework of the task mentioned above.
- Refine and enforce procurement processes and documentation.
- Identify sources of cost and time savings throughout all stages of planning.
- Develop and document a bid solicitation process and lead bid evaluation committees.
- Ensure fair supplier selections throughout the process.
- Maintain a supplier database.
- After supplier selection, lead the contract negotiation, documentation, and signing.
- Monitor and review progress of contractual agreements – this includes reviewing and approving invoices with the relevant departments, leading the amendment process when necessary, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on timing and milestones, and conducting post-contract evaluations.
3. Supply Chain
- Maintain accurate real-time stock registers.
- Receive Purchase Requisitions and cross check if they are complete (signatures, descriptions, budgets, deadlines…)
- Ensure that items procured are delivered to the right person at the right time.
- Maintain a procurement follow up to match Purchase Orders vs. deliveries.
- Ensure that the Reception Form and Quality Check are performed systematically and in presence of the transporter.
- File procurement documentation (Purchase Requisition, Quotes, Purchase Orders, Contracts, Reception Forms).
- At least 3 years experience in a procurement position in an international organization. * Fluency in French and English. Knowledge of Creole would be an advantage. * Excellent oral and written communication skills. * Advanced Excel and Word skills. * High integrity and diplomacy. * Extremely organized with a high level of attention to detail. * Capable of multitasking and working under pressure.
Compensation for the PO position will consist of a competitive, market-rate salary commensurate with professional qualifications, experience, and education.
How to apply
For further details or to apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2013 and interviews for this position will be held in Port-au-Prince the week of September 16, 2013
42 Route de l'Aeroport, Port-au-Prince, Ouest, Haiti