Musicians On Call (MOC) is a national nonprofit organization that brings live and recorded music to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities. We use the healing power of music to deliver transformative joy, comfort, and compassion to patients in hospitals across the country. These are patients who often times struggle to leave their hospital room, or even their bed. MOC reaches these patients primarily through our Bedside Performance Program as well as our Music Pharmacy, Project Playback and Virtual Bedside Performance Programs.
MOC’s headquarters is in New York City where the organization was founded in 1999. The staff in the NYC office operates programs in New York and Philadelphia and supports national branches in Nashville, Miami, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Over the past 13 years, MOC has earned a sterling reputation among our network of healthcare facility partners and the music industry, for the care and professionalism with which we consistently deliver our mission. We have fostered a stellar community of dedicated volunteers that include local and national musical artists and guides (that escort the musicians room to room). Additionally, we have built a brand that resonates powerfully among major music artists, entertainment industry leaders, and with major corporate sponsors who see the unique value proposition in an organization that is tied closely with healthcare, but has music in its DNA. A wide range of artists have helped us deliver our mission through their involvement including Bruce Springsteen, Seal, James Taylor, Carrie Underwood, Chicago, Darius Rucker, Martina McBride, Gavin DeGraw, Lady Antebellum, and many many more.
MOC’s Board of Directors has developed a 3-year strategic plan for the organization that will solidify its transformation into a national organization led by its unique brand, mission, and legacy. This initiative calls for a new staffing model, new development and revenue strategies that include emphasis on traditional and new media approaches, and a core emphasis on investment in the Musicians On Call brand.
The first step is to identify the leader who will finalize this plan with the Board and oversee its implementation. We seek a President who can effectively lead the organization as we build on a strong foundation to take the organization into its next era.This is a rare opportunity for a social entrepreneur with strong nonprofit and brand experience to shape the future of an organization with major market impact and grassroots appeal. The President will work with a stellar industry-led board to nurture a motivated and passionate team. Energy and creativity, with an execution-oriented mindset are essential.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Refine, and manage the implementation of, MOC’s 3-year strategic plan, with emphasis on leading the organization’s staff through a period of transition while managing to milestones set in consultation with the Board
- Implement strategic initiatives to integrate new areas into MOC’s revenue model, such as:
- Expanding corporate and entertainment brand alliances that utilize innovative fundraising and marketing strategies. Cause marketing, corporate social responsibility, stakeholder engagement, and consumer activation strategies will play a lead role.
- Implementing new strategies and platforms for direct fundraising and brand development, which may include social media, crowd sourcing, and donor database development. Establish metrics to support each.
- Building strategic relationships with complementary organizations in the institutional healthcare and trade association space, along with corporate and entertainment brands, to support program expansion and delivery.
- Recruit and retain passionate and accomplished talent for the organization to achieve our goals
- Balance, and deftly integrate, MOC’s two principal spheres of activity: the programming it delivers each week in healthcare facilities nationwide, and the development, marketing, and fundraising activities that sustain the organization
- [10+] years of experience, with a demonstrable track record of accomplishment, as a leader overseeing the marketing and branding efforts within the entertainment, NGO/nonprofit and/or brand space. [A master’s degree is preferred.]
- A dynamic personality capable and comfortable acting as the “face” of the organization, and interfacing regularly with a mix of healthcare professionals, entertainment industry leaders, celebrity supporters, donors, and brand/sponsor partners. Passion for the mission is a must!
- A keen sense of compassion and empathy consistent with the mission of the organization.
- Conversant in both traditional non-profit development and social media marketing platforms and strategies
- Familiarity with the distinct regulatory framework that governs nonprofit fundraising, reporting, and financial and operating management
- Collaborative, flexible, adaptable – a people person who is able to gel with a wide variety of stakeholders and ensure the continuity of our excellent quality of programming
- Ability to provide strong leadership during times of change.
How to apply
If interested, email email@example.com with your resume and/or bio, and an indication of your interest highlighting how your qualifications meet our needs.
39 West 32nd Street, Suite 1103, New York, NY, 10001, US