Epiphany School has an immediate opening for a Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher. The Pre-K Assistant Teacher assists the lead teacher with a diverse range of services for the daily tasks and teaching of the Pre-Kindergarten program. This includes assisting with planning and teaching the curriculum, managing supplies and resources, monitoring the students, and other activities to support teaching, learning, and assessment.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, academic year position.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist lead teacher on planning and teaching the curriculum
• Work with students as a class, small group, and individually
• Assist in classroom management
• Supervise the classroom when lead teacher is out of the room
• Prepare and restore classroom and supplies
• Support student assessment process
• Assist with coordination and monitoring of teaching activities, including field trips and on-site experiences
• Perform lunch, recess, arrival and dismissal duties
• Participate in professional learning opportunities at Epiphany School and in the greater community
• Participate in school admission, development, and community events
• Bachelor's degree in education or related field; primary endorsement preferable
• Excellent oral, written, and presentational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work as a team member
• Experience working with children at this stage of development
• CPR/First Aid and STARS certification, along with other DEL requirements prior to start date
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, educational philosophy and list of references to: email@example.com. Please reference the job title (PreK Assistant Teacher) in the subject line of your email. No calls, please.
3611 E Denny Way, Seattle, WA, 98122, US