Our Mission: Scholar Academies exists to close the achievement gap by providing high-quality public education for traditionally underserved inner-city students.
- Young Scholars Charter School: our flagship, free, open-enrollment Middle School where students are selected by lottery from across the city of Philadelphia
- Young Scholars Frederick Douglass Charter School: a Philadelphia Public School District turnaround school serving students from the neighborhood in grades K-8
- DC Scholars Stanton Elementary: is turnaround school operated in partnership with DC Public School serving neighborhood students in grades Pre-School-5
- DC Scholars Public Charter School: a free, lottery-based, open-enrollment charter startup founded in 2012, serving students from across the DC in grades Pre-School-3.
- Paul Robeson Charter School for the Humanities: a free, lottery-based, open-enrollment charter school serving students from across Trenton in grades 4-8. This charter re-start opened as a Scholar Academies School in 2012.
- Philadelphia Renaissance School: Scholar Academies is entering the Philadelphia Renaissance Initiative! We will be pursuing a new turn-around school in Philadelphia for the 2013-2014 school year, and we are looking for candidates to fill potential positions.
- Student-centered culture with 100% mission alignment, dedication to high standards for all students, and the drive for taking on the hardest work and achieving amazing results
- School-wide character education sessions for students where we set clear expectations for student behavior and address obstacles as they arise
- Clear standards for teacher evaluations and performance measurement
- Support of a central office dedicated to continuous improvement our school-wide model
- Provide excellent instruction and make every minute count in your classroom by utilizing Scholar Academies’ proven school-wide systems
- Develop detailed lesson plans, homework assignments, and assessments based on state standards and school-wide goals for student achievement
- Receive weekly feedback and coaching from school leaders who are experts on curriculum and instruction, school climate, and special education
- Measure student performance and collaborate with other teachers to design effective strategies for moving students ahead at least one proficiency level on assessments
- Reward positive student behavior and hold students accountable using school-wide systems
- Participate in school-wide family engagement activities including home visits, phone calls to family members, and school-based meetings with families. Engage with family members through regular calls and personal meetings
- Provide additional academic support to students after school for at least one hour per week
- Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to create detailed lesson plans and to adjust these plans based on feedback from school leaders
- Track record of holding students to high standards and driving student achievement, preferably in an urban public or charter school
- The ability to communicate effectively with parents
- State Certification in the appropriate grade level and subject or on the pathway to obtaining State Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in subject matter or a related field
- Proactive, resilient, persistent, collaborative, and flexible
- High-energy, innate drive for excellence, and a sense of humor are required
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- Weekly professional development sessions
- Opportunities for advancement as Scholar Academies expands toward our goal of serving more than 6,000 students across Philadelphia, DC, and Trenton within five years
- Professional connections with other expert educators who share your commitment to doing whatever it takes to close the achievement gap
- Competitive salaries and benefits with performance-based bonuses
- Maximizing your impact by working in schools where we are raising the bar for student achievement
How to apply
Please go to https://scholarpa.cloud.talentedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=167 to upload your profile and apply.