The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Per Diem Case Manager position at the Schermerhorn House, a 217 unit permanent housing site for single adults located in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. The Schermerhorn houses 116 tenants many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS.
Responsibilities include provision of clinical services, outreach to tenants; facilitating organized outings and activities; crisis intervention and providing general assistance as needed.
• High School diploma.
• One-year direct practice experience in mental health and/or Substance Abuse Treatment.
• A Bachelors Degree may substitute for one-year experience.
• Related experience working with mentally ill or homeless individuals is strongly preferred.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Schedule: Friday evenings 4pm ; 9pm & Saturday 10am ; 4pm, alternate weekends. Friday arrival time can be negotiated for otherwise strong candidates.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply online :
- Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
198 East 121st Street, New York, NY, 10035, US