To accomplish our vision, The B Team and B Leaders will undertake specific 'Challenges' as a collective while also catalyzing a global movement for better business. Each Challenge will contain multi-stakeholder initiatives that we will scale in alliance with others. As we advance each Challenge, and strengthen the overall movement, we seek to forge partnerships that are truly transformative and build a community of supporters, advisors and activists around Plan B.
The Partnerships Associate will join our New York City-based team to support our Director of Community and Partnerships in managing our community of advisors, funders, partners and supporting organisations, mobilising the resources and partnerships we need to scale Plan B and catalysing the overall movement through innovative engagement strategies and planned activities which amplify the work of others.
If you succeed in your role, The B Team will have the resources, partnerships and ground-level support to tip the movement for better business into the mainstream and create a new normal where business is a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
1) Develop transformational partnerships. To ensure our Challenges are forged in partnership with key agents of change and critical enablers in line with our overall strategy, multi-stakeholder approach and individual Challenge objectives.
2) Mobilise the resources we need for Plan B. To support the Director of Community and Partnerships to identify and build relationships with high prospect potential funders, develop tailored and compelling proposals and provide the critical support required to effectively meet and convince potential funders to back The B Team and help scale our Challenges.
3) Build and manage our global community. To ensure The B Team is fully harnessing the contribution of its advisors, founders circle, partners and supporters while also uniting and accelerating the overall movement towards Plan B – leveraging the power of 'networks of networks' and engaging key target audiences, locally, nationally and globally, towards a tipping point that accelerates our vision.
WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
- You have deep knowledge and insight into some of the challenges currently preventing business from driving social, environmental and economic benefit and you are able to articulate complex problems in clear, precise, and engaging language.
- You are highly organised and action oriented, with a framework mindset and the ability to produce clearly written plans and strategies and coordinate high-level engagement activities.
- You are an adept researcher and scanner, with the ability to identify partnership and support opportunities, which align with core elements of Plan B.
- You are a highly skilled marketeer and communicator, with the ability to develop tailored proposals for prospective partners and supporters, with the ability to understand behaviours, influences, decision-making processes and psychology.
- You are totally embracing of digital tools and new technologies, while also highly proficient in managing spreadsheets and deploying relationship management systems and including cloud based CRM technologies and other relevant tools.
- You have a clear understanding of how to translate strategies and ideas into practical action.
- You love people and thrive while working with individuals from a variety of industries, cultures and disciplines and understand how to manage multi-stakeholder engagements.
- You understand how to activate, connect and nurture highly networked movements, operating in a global, highly connected environment, across multiple industries and sectors.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are humble and welcome tasks both large and small
- You are super sharp, passionate and excited
- You are cool, calm and collected
- You believe this is a lifestyle, not just a job
- You are highly focused, practically minded and readily take initiative.
- You are extremely organized and you LOVE making lists and checking things off when you've done them
- You are flexible and are happy to build the plane while flying it – maintaining a sense of humor along the way
- You are efficient and have excellent time management, communication, written and verbal skills and you are a great listener.
- You are empathetic, great with people, excellent at managing complex relationships and networks and have the ability, diplomacy and desire to energize and inspire people toward the greater good
- You are detail oriented and able to prioritise where energy is spent for the sake of quickly achieving tactical objectives.
- You can identify and seek guidance from subject area experts to inform strategy and tactics.
- You want to be in on the ground floor of an organization that is trying to change the world.
- You are holistic and can see the overall objective and how all the moving parts need to work to get there.
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Have 5-7 years experience in areas including relationship management, international development, fundraising, marketing, planning, account management or other relevant experience
- Have experience building relationships and mobilising resources at the international level from institutional donors, foundations, individuals and companies.
- Have led and taken responsibility for the implementation of non-traditional programs or initiative(s) that demonstrate significant social/environmental impact.
- Have experience with project management, evaluation and monitoring, report writing and impact assessment in order to deliver programmatic activities.
- Experience designing governance structures and drafting multi-stakeholder partnership agreements, memorandums of understanding and terms of reference.
- Experience operating across the entire sustainability spectrum, in order to move across the various issue areas adeptly with broad knowledge and understanding.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- The chance to make a significant impact on the wellbeing of people and the planet, using the power of business.
- The opportunity to build lasting relationships with individuals and organizations who are pioneering a new way of doing business.
- The experience of working with a highly effective, dynamic, talented, fun and flexible team.
- A fair and competitive salary and benefits.
How to apply
If you believe in what we're doing and you share our values, please apply by sending your résumé and a cover letter telling us why you are the best person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line 'Your Name – Partnerships Associate'.
Please note that this is a New York based position. Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US will be considered. Applications close on Monday 7 October, but will be processed on a rolling basis.