DEPARTMENT: Educational Services / Multilingual Services
JOB SUMMARY: A TCH Citizenship Instructor facilitates student learning using guidelines set forth by the program. An instructor is responsible for curriculum development, lesson planning, as well as the supervision and guidance of classroom aides and volunteers.
- Provide instruction and facilitate student learning
- Act as team leader for volunteers and classroom aides
- Ensure that the team is complying with all contract requirements, including producing required reports and reliable data
- Contribute to decisions about resources and materials
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with program requirements, enforce
program and agency rules and policies
- Participate in curriculum and assessment development
- Contribute to planning and implementation of training activities for new instructors
- Teach special courses and conduct special projects as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Over 5 years experience teaching adults in a variety of ESL levels
- Experience teaching citizenship class preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- Basic skills in computer literacy
- 1-year curriculum developments experience
REPORTS TO: Multilingual Services Manager
NOTE: Tacoma Community House reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and résumé email@example.com by Friday, November 1st. Position to start in January 2014.
1314 South L Street, Tacoma, WA, 98415, US