Forestdale currently seeks a part-time (20 hours per week) Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) for our Preventive Program. S/he is responsible for identifying and implementing strategies to effectively work with adolescents and/or parents who might be experiencing substance abuse. The CASAC works with Preventive Services staff to administer substance abuse assessment instruments and to connect the client to appropriate substance abuse treatment and resources.
- BA/BS/BSW or MSW/equivalent human services graduate degree
- At least two years of documented relevant experience (Required)
- CASAC or CASAC-T
- Provide initial and on-going assessment to families with substance abuse disorders.
- Provide outreach to families through home visits and other interventions to engage or facilitate treatment.
- Make recommendations for services off site when level of services merits the need for intensive drug treatment services; follow-up with case planning staff about referrals and family progress (ensuring that current service provisions are appropriate and working).
- Arrange/provide counseling to family members as needed.
- Identify, develop, and maintain treatment and aftercare for clients with substance use disorders linkages and other resources in the community to maximize the utilization of available services for the families.
- Conduct appropriate groups for the population, including but not limited to relapse prevention.
Participate in the Clinical Diagnostic Team Meetings and Family Team Conferences.
67-35 112 Street, Forest Hills, NY, 11375, US