The Queens Community House (QCH) in collaboration with the New York State Education Department and United Way of New York City will be providing a Graduate, Prepare, Succeed Program at VOYAGES Preparatory High School for the 2013-2014 school year. The QCH staff at this school-based program is comprised of a counseling team working under the direction of a site director and in collaboration with the school staff in ensuring that program goals are met.
Part time Counselor will have a small caseload and responsible for the following;
- Attendance Services: Monitor participants’ attendance and provide supervisor with daily attendance records, track attendance and document all efforts into ETO Software, work with school personnel to discuss partnership and service implementation and participate in attendance-related meetings in collaboration with QCH and DOE staff
- Individual Counseling: Outreach, recruitment and retention of program participants, develop individual goal plans, advise students on college planning and choices, provide encouragement and support for students’ academic and personal goals, and refer students to appropriate services when necessary
- Group Counseling: Outreach, recruitment and retention, develop and facilitate groups, based on needs of student population and evaluate progress of group and adjust goals or direction of group when necessary
- Family Outreach and Engagement: Outreach, recruitment and retention with families of participants towards developing relationships and strategies to increase the attendance rates of the participants. Keep families informed of student progress, develop workshops and presentations for families and conduct home visits when necessary
- Additional responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following: Assist in data entry, including daily attendance records andparticipate in staff trainings and meetings. Assist in the development and implementation of culminating events and assist in the recruitment and retention of participants
Qualifications: MSW or MA in Psychology required. A minimum of 3 years of experience working with youthand/or working in a high school setting preferred. Excellent problem solving, written and oral communication skills. Spanish speaking preferred. Will be fingerprinted by the Department of Education.
Work Schedule: Flexible 20 hours a week; Monday through Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
How to apply
If you are interested and qualified please send a resume and brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
108-25 62nd Drive, Forest Hills, NY, 11375, US