SFPA seeks a skilled Park Partner Project Manager with project management and grant management experience.The Park Partner Project Manager manages a portfolio of Park Partner projects, driving and contributing to SFPA and City processes to ensure successful delivery under the direction of the Park Partner Program Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Park Partner processes to ensure maximum efficiency, provide day-to-day finance and grant tracking, and deliver general Park Partner support.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment completing detail-oriented financial and grant tracking, contract fulfillment, and organizational development. In addition, the candidate will have experience in a non-profit or mission driven setting and should have interest in improving San Francisco's open spaces. Interest and experience in park development, urban agriculture, and neighborhood beautification are highly desired. The position requires regular evening and weekend work to support Park Partner groups.Priority will be given to San Francisco residents who are familiar with San Francisco's political landscape and neighborhood groups.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Park Partner groups with community organizing, outreach, and project development.
- Evaluate and process requests for disbursements of funds and ensure that they align with project budgets.
- ManagePark PartnerGrants – Track expenses with grant budget, submit and track grant reimbursements, track grant timeline, provide financial reports for grantor, etc.
- Maintain accuracy of contacts and finances in Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge.
- Respond to and resolve Park Partner inquires regarding financial reports, gift processing, insurance and other needs.
- Generate reports in Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge and review them for accuracy.
- Contribute to ongoing development of Park Partner Program.
- Communicate with Development staff to ensure the accuracy of gift processing and recording.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files.
- Represent SFPA at Park Partner evening and weekend events as needed.
- Plan training workshops to increase Park Partner capacity.
- Support Park Partner Program Manager as needed.
- Highly detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, especially Excel and financial software such as Financial and Raiser's Edge
- Knowledge of budget development and tracking
- Ability to work independently, follow organizational procedures and perform under deadlines
- Presentation and speaking skills to represent SFPA at community and park events
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills
- Outgoing personality and willingness to be flexible with duties and priorities is desired
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to lead groups on hikes and walking tours of parks and other open space sites, including sites with rugged terrain, is required
- At minimum, 3 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
Preference is given to applicants with substantial experience in the duties stated.
- Building Collaborative Relationships and Teamwork
- Attention to Detail
- Initiative and Follow-through
- Professional Judgment
- Clear Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Environmental and Civic Stewardship
- Continuous Learning
This is a full-time exempt position reporting directly to the Park Partner Program Manager, with generous vacation and sick time policies, and participation in 125 Cafeteria and 401(k) plans. San Francisco Parks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color and other minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Supplemental questions: Please limit responses to 100 words per answer.
- # Describe a project in which you were required to be very detailed oriented.
- # Describe a situation in which you resolved a conflict with a challenging person or organization.
- # Describe your experience working with financial information such as budgets and accounting reports.
- # What motivates you to complete difficult tasks?
- # Please describe your computer skills.
- # Please describe your outreach experience.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume along with the answers to the supplemental questions firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed as received. The position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
451 Hayes Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94102, US