About our Organization: Tamarisk Coalition (TC) is a non-profit organization advancing the restoration of riparian lands through collaboration, education and technical assistance. TC has been working to help people restore native vegetation and to manage invasive plant species in western riparian areas since 1999. We are based in Grand Junction, CO and work with partners throughout the American West.
Description: We are seeking a creative and driven individual to work in the dynamic field of riparian restoration. The Outreach Coordinator will work in conjunction with TC staff, as well as many organizations and agencies to support restoration efforts and promote the TC mission throughout the American West. This position’s main focus will be working to manage the broad-based outreach and education strategies of the TC.
Location/Hours: This position is based in Grand Junction, Colorado. Full-time, hourly position (non-exempt), 40hrs/week, flexible work schedule to accommodate projects needs including travel and working some weekends.
Wages/Benefits: Based on education and experience. Range is $35,360 - $40,560/year plus benefits including group health insurance plan, continuing education stipend, holiday/vacation/sick pay, 403(b)7 retirement plan, and employee assistance program.
Primary Responsibilities: This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for coordinating with all TC staff. Primary responsibilities described below may also include support for other TC programs.
• Development and implementation of TC’s outreach and communication plan, which builds off of the recently completed strategic plan
• Coordinate TC’s annual conference including content, logistics, outreach, partnership relationships, funds development, and budget management
• Shared management of TC’s contact database, currently in Access Database format though it is moving to online format
• Manage and administer TC’s online events calendar, Riparian Restoration Connection (RRC), www.riparianrestorationconnection.com
• Assist TC staff with content management for new TC website to launch in March/April, www.tamariskcoalition.org
• Advertise and outreach TC project activities and milestones
• Coordinate TC’s quarterly newsletter development and mass emailing strategy
• Track and report on TC outreach activities according to communication plan outcomes/outputs
• Represent TC at outreach events and conduct public presentations to a variety of audiences (e.g., school age kids, adults, volunteers, etc.)
• Development and management of social media according to TC policies (i.e., Facebook and LinkedIn)
Qualifications: Bachelor degree preferably in communications, marketing, or related field.
• Ability to work in a team
• Experience creating and implementing outreach marketing strategies
• Experience coordinating conferences or events geared toward approximately 200 people
• High level communication, organizational, and multitasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of the nonprofit sector, environmental organizations and/or the field of riparian restoration preferred
• Computer and website management skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
Special Job Requirements:
• Must have a dependable car and valid driver's license, registration, and insurance for travel throughout Colorado, eastern Utah, and other western states
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed
• Current or willingness to obtain Wilderness First Aid Certification
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time on Monday, March 18, 2013. Please email cover letter, resume, and references to Stacy Beaugh, Executive Director email@example.com; please write “Outreach Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Stacy Beaugh, Executive Director