Organize to protect the environment!
We are facing critical environmental problems right now, from global climate change, to the widespread use of dangerous fracking to mine for natural gas, to the continued use of coal fire power plants that pollute the air and damage the health of our communities.
Grassroots Campaigns is searching for Field Organizers to lead citizen mobilization efforts to protect the environment. Field Organizers will recruit, train, and mobilize volunteers in communities around the country to take action on the challenges we face. Field Organizers will work closely with State Organizing Directors to develop and implement a strategy to meet the local campaign targets.
Campaign locations are still being determined, and candidates must be ready to go where they will have the biggest impact. Candidates must be available to start by no later than May 1st.
- Work as part of an organizing team to develop and implement a local field program.
- Recruit and mobilize dozens of local community members to take part in actions in support of combating climate change.
- Analyze campaign performance and make recommendations to improve results.
- Cultivate volunteer leaders, building local progressive infrastructure.
- Demonstrated commitment to organizing and social change
- 1+ years of field work on campaigns or volunteer organizing
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven ability to work within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to tell a compelling story and connecting with people is a must.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must be willing to travel.
Salary & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with relevant professional experience. A competitive benefits package includes health care coverage, educational loan assistance, paid vacation and sick days. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available.
Expectations: Field Organizers must commit through November 2014. Ideally, Field Organizers will continue with Grassroots Campaigns long-term to build our field program.
To apply email your resume to Kaite Webber at Kwebber@grassrootscampaigns.com
Visit www.grassrootscampaigns.com for more information.
Grassroots Campaigns is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
How to apply
Email resume/cover letter to Kait at Kwebber@grassrootscampaigns.com
Denver, CO, US
Boulder, CO, US
Evergreen, CO, US
Philadelphia, PA, US
Pittsburgh, PA, US