Classification: Full-time salaried position
Location: Flexible location in your home office, with additional consideration given to candidates located near San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC.
Applications: Applications are due by February 1, 2013 and should be sent to email@example.com. Specific details on how to apply are included below. You are encouraged to apply soon as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Expected Start Date: March 2013
Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of many aspects of the Safe Routes to School National Partnership (National Partnership), which has a $3 million budget and 25 staff. This position carries out a variety of human resources, financial and event planning tasks and spearheads the organization’s technical support on Salesforce, Google Apps, Dropbox and Microsoft Office. Responsibilities also include assisting the organization’s leadership with tracking of deliverables and relations with the Steering Committee. A detailed job description is available here.
- Strong technical ability required, with expertise with PCs, Microsoft products, Google Apps and Dropbox
- Proven experience managing membership databases, Salesforce preferred
- Prefer experience with operations and administrative support
- Track record of follow-through when juggling multiple priorities and demonstrated ability as a problem-solver
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and independently from home
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be very detail-oriented
- At least three years of experience working for an organization on similar projects
- Event planning experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Background: The Safe Routes to School National Partnership was founded in 2005 and is a network of more than 600 organizations. Its mission is to advocate for safe walking and bicycling to and from schools, and in daily life, to improve the health and well-being of America’s children and to foster the creation of livable, sustainable communities. The National Partnership is hosted by the non-profit Bikes Belong Foundation.
Annual Salary: The position offers a starting annual salary in the range of $48,000 to $55,000/year (depending on experience) plus health insurance benefits, paid time off and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan. A PC Computer, telephone and internet access will be provided. All Safe Routes to School National Partnership personnel are employees of the Bikes Belong Foundation and work from home offices.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three writing samples, in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The PDF file should be named as follows: [LastName]_OperationsManager.pdf. Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text Operations Manager. We are not accepting telephone call inquiries.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply. Applications will be accepted until February 1, 2013. Applications must be submitted in the format indicated in order to be considered. The position will be open until filled; interviews will begin prior to the application deadline and conducted on a rolling basis. The Bikes Belong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.