Founded in 2009, CASSY (Counseling and Support Service for Youth) is a rapidly growing nonprofit whose mission is to de-stigmatize mental health and make supporting students’ social and emotional well-being the norm in our local schools. We want to provide all students with the continuity of mental health support they need, from the first day of kindergarten until they graduate from high school, to be successful in school and in life. We have a team of 30 professional therapists that work at 24 different schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. This new position will be located at our new headquarters office in Milpitas.
For more information, please visit www.cassybayarea.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of the agency’s leadership team along with the ED, Site Directors and Clinical Directors, the Director of Operations will be responsible for managing all non-program aspects of the organization finance, fund development, HR, marketing communications/PR, IT/systems, and general administration. Working with the leadership team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will interact with the Board of Directors and manage a part-time administrative assistant.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission
- Oversee financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Guide overall fund development including identifying and applying for grants, supporting fundraising events and maintaining our donor management system
- Develop and maintain HR systems including a compensation framework with clear job levels and job descriptions, scalable benefits program, employee development framework, performance review process, and comprehensive set of HR policies and procedures
- Engage resources for marketing and public relations efforts including maintaining the organization’s web site and social media presence, overseeing development of our annual report and other marketing materials, and executing a press outreach plan
- Identify and deploy technology tools to improve organizational efficiency as the business continues to grow
- Manage administrative staff, volunteers and pro bono consultants as needed
- Passion for CASSY’s mission and the work we do to help students navigate the sometimes choppy waters of childhood and adolescence
- 5+ years of progressively responsible operations experience or equivalent, preferably in a 501(c)(3) organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Enthusiastic and proficient technology user
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Creative, resourceful and professional
- Collaborative with the ability to work independently
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
555 Bryant Street #126, Palo Alto, California, 94301, United States