Jefferson Land Trust is seeking qualified applicants for a 3/4-time, office manager/database administrator position.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; at least two years of office management or other related experience; and a minimum of two years experience with in-depth use and understanding of a non-profit database used for fundraising and donor tracking. This person reports to the executive director with oversight from the finance director. Salary Range: $15-$21 per hour
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, opening mail, leading the Administrative Ad Hoc team, coordinating board packet preparation, preparing agenda and minutes for staff meetings, maintenance of shared office calendar, overseeing and coordinating facilities management, and acting as finance and filing backup as needed. As database administrator this person is also responsible for maintaining the Jefferson Land Trust Database and generating necessary queries and reports, and supporting other staff in use of the database.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE
• Manage the front office to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally, maintaining a professional and welcoming tone
• Answer phones and coordinate phone coverage when away from front desk
• Receive visitors, respond to or redirect requests for information and also assist with correspondence and reports, expense reimbursements, word processing, faxing, copying, and mailing, as needed
• Supervise and coordinate overall administrative activities and lead the Ad Hoc Administrative Team as issues and needs arise such as new hires, administrative policy creation/updates, etc.
• Manage all furniture, fixture and equipment needs including maintaining office equipment, ordering supplies and purchasing furniture, office equipment for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
• Supervise maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities
• Open and distribute mail daily
• Coordinate meeting space for staff meetings, create agenda and keep and distribute meeting notes
• Coordinate maintenance of shared general office calendar assuring access to all staff and supporting them in updating it
• Prepare space and supplies for new hires and arrange internal office moves
• Direct and coordinate office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for maximizing use of services, service contracts, and equipment.
• Manage office systems
• Coordinate Board meetings, packets, and calendars
• Meet with Development Director and Outreach Director to create, coordinate, and execute development or outreach mailings as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
• Maintain all database applications
• Stay up-to-date on database use and functions
• Create and maintain protocol for accurate and consistent database input by JLT staff and volunteers
• Train new users on database
• Run and develop reports and custom requests for users
• Capture comprehensive constituent information at every opportunity
• Help maintain constituent database for annual gifts and multi-year pledges.
• In consultation with Finance Director to ensure cash flow, mail out invoices for multi-year pledges with goal of achieving 90% fulfillment rate
• Provide information for results of and Return on Investment for fundraising vehicles
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, keeping colleagues and members apprised of office schedules and administrative issues; participate in fundraising and outreach events as needed
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
CORE COMPETENCIES: Team player; Exceptional attention to detail; Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills; Fluency with MS Office programs; Aptitude for trouble-shooting and maintaining basic needs of office equipment; Aptitude for trouble-shooting and maintaining a database in a non-profit environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to use a keyboard and operate general office equipment including desktop computer, and printers; ability to lift 15-20 pounds
APPLICATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
All applications must include:
1) a completed application form;
2) a one-page cover letter stating interest; and
3) a list of three references including contact information.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM WITH ALL OTHER APPLICATION MATERIALS, BY EMAIL ONLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, Jan. 7, 2013.