Telefund is currently seeking a National Call Center Director ("Director") to help bring the organization to the next level of impact. Since its inception in 1988, Telefund has been focused solely on raising funds for organizations and candidates working in the public interest and as such, plays an enormous role in driving the progressive movement forward in the United States. We are proud to serve clients such as the Democratic National Committee, Planned Parenthood, PBS, Sierra Club, Obama for America and the American Civil Liberties Union, among others. The Director position is a senior leadership position that will be primarily focused on the performance and growth of Telefund's call center operations nationally. Increasing efficiencies, motivating teams and driving results are all critical functions of the role. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the management team that oversees five existing call centers in Austin, Boston, Denver, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara as well as planning and executing on plans to open additional call centers throughout the country.
Maximize Performance of Call Centers
- Cultivate and motivate a top-notch staff by establishing strong working relationships with the Call Center Directors and Assistant Directors
- Ensure fundraising goals are met for client organizations, as well as Telefund
- Work with client services team to deliver strong results for clients with ambitious and varied goals
- Frequently visit Call Centers with the goal of gaining first-hand knowledge of challenges and successes in the field
Organizational and Business Development
- Help build the overall team through interdivisional meetings and planning.
- Assist in long-term strategic planning. The Director will monitor and evaluate new trends, competitor call centers, and unmet client needs that will provide opportunities for improvement.
- Develop new areas of expertise for call centers, including improving automatic dialer platforms, pursuing innovative ways to integrate online fundraising, non-fundraising calling including voter contact and persuasion, GOTV, volunteer mobilization, polling and member services
Growth of Call Center Function
- Take lead in driving the creation of additional call centers throughout the country including recruiting and hiring candidates for Director and Assistant Director roles.
- Support office Directors to grow size and capacity in existing offices through oversight, training and leadership development
- Recruit, hire and train new call center directors to open up call centers in new localities
- Work with the IT team to open up new offices as staffing and client needs support
- Oversee all centers to ensure they are operating within budget.
- Train and oversee directors in day-to-day office management, including payroll, administration and registration requirements.
- Work with in-house council to insure all offices meet all legal requirements for fundraising, calling and employment.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a management role
- Strong management skills with demonstrated experience leading teams to excellent results
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the mission of Telefund, the causes it supports and the clients it serves
- Highly strategic mindset, including the demonstrated ability to develop and execute plans for growth and scale and reach those goals
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to quickly analyze results for different campaigns and adjust operations accordingly to improve performance
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and ability to quickly establish strong working relationships with remote teams
- Humility and a willingness to let his/her team's performance take center stage
- Strong work ethic with an excitement about the chance to regularly work alongside staff in the field
- Bachelor's degree required
Telefund was founded in 1988 with a clear mission to raise funds and build support for progressive causes and candidates. Founded and led by individuals with decades of experience with some of the nation's top progressive causes, they have remained loyal to their mission and distinguished in the field as public interest organizations and candidates are the only clients they have ever chosen to serve. Utilizing large telephone operations throughout the country, they have gained a reputation of maximizing net income and impact for their clients. Last year they talked to 2.5 million Americans and raised millions of dollars to further the progressive agenda. Telefund's past and current clients include American Civil Liberties Union, Amnesty International, ASPCA, the Democratic National Committee, Human Rights Campaign, League of Conservation Voters, and many others. For more information, visit http:www.telefund.com.
Telefund is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include "NCD" and "Idealist" in the subject line.
1321 15th St, Suite #100, Denver, MA, 80202, US
186 Lincoln Street, First Floor, Boston, MA, 02111,