SUMMARY: The Nature Museum is located in Southern Vermont and opens the door to New England's natural world for all ages to explore and learn. Using a combination of our museum exhibits, hands-on materials, and outdoor spaces, we strive to bring rich experiences to our visitors. The Museum Greeter/Interpreter serves as the welcoming face of the museum and aids in greeting guests and leading them through the exhibits. The Greeter/Interpreter will also assist in such duties as taking admissions and maintaining exhibits.
MUSEUM GREETER/INTERPRETER DUTIES:
• Maintain excellent rapport and communication with all Museum visitors.
• Assist in the maintenance of the Museum's exhibits.
• Staff the Museum's admissions desk.
• Lead informational tours of the museum.
• Participate in all staff training sessions.
• Attend staff meetings and participate in organization functions as required.
• Develop and maintain a regular schedule of communication with the Director of Operations.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Comfortable working independently.
• Experience handling money.
• General knowledge of New England natural history (or willingness and initiative to learn).
• Passionate about the mission of The Nature Museum.
• General computer literacy including ability to use Microsoft Office programs.
COMPENSATION AND WORK SCHEDULE:
• Pay for this part-time, seasonal position is an hourly rate of $9.00-$10.00 an hour. No overtime pay or benefits are available for seasonal employees. Regular work week is 14 hours per week, Saturdays and Sundays. Term of employment is May 25 through October 13 (some flexibility for appropriate candidates).
Send resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to:
The Nature Museum
Attn: Director of Education
PO Box 38
Grafton, VT 05146
Beth Roy, Director of Education