Join our movement At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 7% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child, teaching chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
Educate the Whole Child Success Academy Charter Schools are dedicated to academic excellence, character development, and extracurricular achievement with college graduation as an end goal. Our school day provides a rigorous curriculum that gives our scholars the opportunity to exercise their cognitive and physical muscles, bring out their inner artist or scientist, and explore the world around them. Our scholars are challenged each and every day through a wide variety of subjects and activities, including field studies, recess and sports, the arts, and chess in addition to a rigorous literacy, math, social studies, and science curriculum.
We are seeking a MS Science Curriculum Manager who take a “Beyond Z” approach in training and developing Middle School Lead Science Teachers across our Network of schools to deliver rigorous, engaging and high quality science instruction. Our Middle School Science Manager will collaborate to create a discovery based, hands-on science curriculum that challenges our scholars and engages their natural curiosity.
Our MS Science Curriculum Manager will!
- Be a part of a highly motivated team committed to education reform, educational choice and the building of exemplary schools.
- Develop, improve and refine a rigorous hands-on curriculum that reinforces the fun of learning and enables all students to thrive.
- Inspire intellectual curiosity through fun activities that kids love.
- Lead science team planning meetings and professional development sessions.
- Lead a ground-breaking faculty of science teachers who collaborate regularly with a science developer to create and revise lesson plans to meet the needs of the scholars.
Our ideal MS Science Curriculum Manager will have a minimum of 3 years of full-time middle school science teaching experience in an urban environment. A Masters Degree is preferred and Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Demonstrated competencies in the following areas are a must:
- Accountability and Data Driven. Proven record of achievement as evidenced by student data.
- Stamina. Ability to handle the intensity required in order to thrive in a high-performing Charter Management Organization.
- Coaching: Ability to provide coaching and feedback to improve teacher practice around instruction delivery, classroom behavior management and lesson planning.
- Self-Reflection. Ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Deadline and Detail Driven. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand. Meets project timelines set by leadership.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities
- Collaboration. Works well with teammates, is receptive to feedback and eager to learn from colleagues. Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
How to apply
Please follow the link below to upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent MS Science Curriculum Manager at Success Academy.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
95 Pine Street, Floor 6, New York, NY, 10005, US