COLLEGE ACHIEVE TEACHER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Middle School Science Teacher
Reporting to: Principal, Rachelle Nelson
Compensation: TBD based on experience and qualifications. In consideration of the longer school day and 180-day school year, College Achieve is committed to paying 10% above the local school district pay scale.
Looking for teachers who can close the achievement gap and inspire their students with a love of learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the instructional team to design, deliver, and assess the College Achieve curriculum based on PARCC and NJASK.
- Administer periodic pre-and post-assessments testing mastery of subject skills and concepts
- Use data from on-going assessments (formal and informal) to impact future instructional decisions
- Design a syllabus detailing course goals, learning objectives, and scope and sequence to be given to students during first week of class
- Attend professional development training before the beginning of the school year and during non-instructional days/times
- Utilize the knowledge from professional development in order to improve instructional practices in the classroom
- Attend weekly staff meetings, Back to School Night, parent conferences, and school events
- Participate and assist in supervision of all activities and functions dealing with the class and the student body as a whole
- Maintain a timely class record of assignments and grades in the College Achieve Student Information System
- Serve as a positive adult mentor for students
- Deep seated belief in the mission and vision of College Achieve
- Believe in the greatness of our students
- Believe all of our students are college material
- Excellent classroom management and teaching skills
- Experience in collaboratively developing lesson and unit plans
- Strong computer skills and desire to teach with technology
- Be willing to do “whatever it takes” to ensure all students learn
- Hold all students to the highest expectations in order to ensure college-readiness
- Ability to use data to inform instructional practices
- Reflect on your own practices and model life-long learning
- Previous success working with students from low-income and underrepresented backgrounds
- A minimum of two years teaching experience in the subject area applying
- Current New Jersey credential in the subject area applying for (or information indicating your eligibility to receive one).
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/ harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
All applications should emailed to our talent team at email@example.com.
Complete applications include:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Cover Letter
Please discuss – a) why you are interested in being a founding teacher at College Achieve Central b) why you enjoy teaching the subjects that you do, and c) what you have to offer the future students of College Achieve Central.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at www.collegeachievechartersnj.org
365 Emerson Avenue, Plainfield, NJ, US