About Explore Schools: Explore Schools is a growing network of high-performing community charter schools providing more than 1,500 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding public education they deserve. Our mission is to provide our students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school. Our team works relentlessly to achieve ambitious goals through perseverance, commitment, and a belief in the collective strength of the team.
About the Position:
Explore Schools is seeking Middle School Science Teachers who possess the grit, dedication, and necessary skills to prepare our scholars for success in high school and beyond. We are seeking educators who deeply believe in our student-centered mission by constantly holding students to high expectations, working tirelessly towards results, and possessing a "whatever it takes" attitude. Ideal candidates thrive on continuous feedback, value collaboration, possess strong and passionate knowledge of theircontent area, and continuously strive to improve their craft.
- Provide a range of instructional, management, and assessment strategies to meet the needs of all scholars.
- Create rigorous science lessons and units of study that are driven by data, promote critical thinking, and incorporate the scientific method.
- Collaborate with co-teachers and colleagues to create engaging lessons and consistent behavior systems that promote a positive school culture.
- Consistently hold students to high behavioral and academic expectations.
- Participate in creating, revising, administering, and grading assessments and tracking student data.
- Continuously cultivate strong relationships with students and families through open communication.
- Create an inviting and engaging classroom culture that sparks creativity and love of learning.
- Dedication to our mission. A steadfast commitment to ensuring our students have the tools they need to attend a college preparatory high school and beyond.
- Determination. A willingness to make things happen and a sense of urgency around closing the achievement gap.
- Strong communication. The ability to communicate in a direct and sensitive fashion with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Team player. A desire to work in a team-oriented environment and collaborate with colleagues.
- Growth mindset. An ability to receive frequent feedback with humility and a strong desire to grow and develop as an educator.
- Reflective attitude. An ability to constantly reflect on student data as well as personal areas of strength and growth.
- Flexibility. Willingness to work in an ever-changing field and face challenges with a positive attitude.
- Professional integrity. A personal alignment with the values and ethical standards of Explore Schools.
- Master's degree, strongly preferred
- New York State teaching certification, required
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St. Suite 504, Brooklyn, NY, 11201, US