The Math/Science teacher will hold primary responsibility for the development of curriculum, the instruction of content, and the growth and success of their group of approximately 25 students. Each of our fifth through eighth grade classrooms is taught by one ELA/Social Studies and one Math/Science Teacher.This enables Brooke Math/Science teachers to build close and authentic relationships with their class of students by creating a positive and energizing classroom environment in partnership with an ELA/Social Studies teacher throughout the entire school year.
- Teach one class of students approximately 170 minutes per day
- Provide small group and one-on-one targeted tutoring and support to students for approximately 60 minutes per day.
- Participate in regular interim data meetings with grade level team teachers and principal
- Engage in 20 administrative observations and 15 peer observations per year
- Actively participate in 3 hours every week of targeted professional development
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Provide consistent and high academic and behavioral expectations
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience as a lead classroom teacher (this does not include student teaching, tutoring, practicum, or international teaching experience)
- Commitment to ensuring academic success for all students
- Shared dedication to Brooke's philosophy and mission
- Good problem solving abilities and creativity
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organization skills
Please visit our career site to create a profile and submit an application:https:brookema.schoolrecruiter.net