Duties of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Able to teach 7th and 8th grade Math.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials appropriate for subject matter.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies such as inquiry based, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Maintains an accurate grading system for students as well as updates students regularly on their progress in class.
- Communicates with parents regarding student academic and behavioral progress.
- Conducts consistent academic assessments to inform content retention.
- Collaborates with colleagues for lesson ideas, curriculum planning, and general communication and support.
- Completes required duty assignments.
- Contributes proactively to a positive school culture.
- Engages in professional development as suggested by the Assistant Head of School.
- Exudes professionalism and adheres to all George Jackson Academy rules, regulations, and expectations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; experience with children required.
- Teaching experience preferred.
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to David Arnold, Head of School email@example.com.
104 St. Mark's Place, New York, NY, 10009, US