SACS has openings for Middle and High School English language arts teachers, familiar with the New York State Standards, for the 2013-2014 academic year. This Teacher's primary responsibility is the implementation and development of Summit Academy's curriculum and the success of its scholars. Therefore, SACS seeks teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction.
Platinum Teachers at Summit Academy must:
- believe all scholars — regardless of academic or socio-economic background — will achieve at the highest levels
- be willing to go above and beyond for the success of all scholars – both academic and behavioral
- possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
- desire to teach in our extended day and year schedule
- contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
- have a passion for urban education and goes above and beyond the call of duty
- ensure mastery through creative approaches and differentiated instruction
- use knowledge of content area and multiple strands of data to create and implement a rigorous, standards-based curriculum
- foster a safe, challenging, comfortable, and positive environment
- be constantly reflective of oneself and others in a relentless pursuit of excellence
- hold themselves and others accountable by giving and being receptive to feedback
- collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure success of all scholars
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for scholar behavior;
- Be accountable for scholars' mastery of academic standards;
- Communicate effectively with scholars, families, and colleagues; and
Participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training.
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of scholars in and out of the classroom;
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree is preferred; and
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred, but not required.
- Valid State Certification is helpful but not required.
Belief in and alignment with SACS core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
- Salary range (annual, U.S. $)
- 54,000 - 67,000
Please submit to email@example.com: Resume or curriculum vitae with three professional references, Statement of Interest/Cover letter and provide a short response to the following question: What is appealing about the mission of the Summit Academy Charter School?Final candidates must pass a national criminal background check.
27 Huntington St, Brooklyn, New York, 11231, United States