Teach in a New Visions Public School today! We are currently seeking excellent certified teachers in all subject areas. Click here to learn more about New Visions Public Schools and to apply this week.
New Visions for Public Schools works with the NYC Department of Education to provide instructional and operational support to 73 high needs public schools and 4 charter schools throughout all boroughs in New York City. New Visions is seeking teachers who want to put their knowledge, experience and dedication to use teaching students in high needs schools.
Who is a NVPS teacher?
NVPS seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student's unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day. Every NVPS teacher can expect to receive enhanced instructional support, a range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of colleagues.
We currently have vacancies in the following subject areas:
- Visual Arts
- English Language Arts
- Physical Education
- Science - Robotics
- Spanish - ESL
- Special Education
- Special Education - Math
- Virtual Enterprise/CTE Department Chair
Advantages of teaching at a New Visions school include. . .
- Emphasis on knowledge sharing practices so that teachers and administrators can share best practices to help advance systems and instruction.
- Frequent training and targeted professional development opportunities.
- Eligibility to apply for grants and fellowships to support the personal and professional development of exceptional teachers.
- Access to leadership development programs so that you can take even greater strides towards improving student outcomes in high needs schools.
To be eligible to work in a New Visions school you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- New York State certification in the 7-12 subject areas
How to apply
New Visions for Public Schools is currently seeking outstanding certified teachers for mid-year 2013-2014 teaching vacancies.
To apply, please submit a resume and answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject of your email please specify: "Teach New Visions ; Idealist Applicant."
1. In what grade(s) subject area(s) is your NYS certification?
2. Do you currently have authorization to work in the United States?
3. Have you ever been fingerprinted by the New York State Dept of Education? If yes, approximately on what date?
4. Have you ever been U rated or discontinued at a NYC public school?
5. In which boroughs are you open to teaching (Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, Queens)?
6. Why do you want to teach in a high-needs school? (200 words or less)
7. What challenges do you think you might face that you might not face in other schools, and what specific academic strategies could you use to address these challenges? (200 words or less)
For more information on our open teaching positions, please visit http:www.newvisions.org/teach.