The Metro Area Manager will be responsible for advancing geographically appropriate programs, enhancing NWF’s brand recognition, and increasing our revenue and our base of support in a metro area. This position will represent NWF’s principle public face in the city and will develop, cultivate and maintain strong, productive relationships. The Metro Area Manager will seek to achieve fundraising and program goals by creating targeted opportunities and securing financial support. The Metro Area Manager will build a strong local presence (NY, TX) to expand fundraising, program effectiveness and new partnership opportunities while furthering the mission of NWF in targeted urban areas.
– Reporting to the Regional Executive Director, the Metro Area Manager will lead market focused cross-functional teams to develop and strengthen NWF’s presence and fundraising opportunities in the area through relationship-building and networking with key influencers in the area. The focus will be on NWF’s 10 Million Kids Outdoors Campaign (including child serving institutions, Be Out There movement), Community Wildlife Habitats, and other NWF program efforts where relevant (as part of a donor-centric and city-centric approach).
– In cooperation with NWF HQ’s team, generates opportunities to raise money to support NWF-branded events and activities to appropriate metro-area audiences in support of the 10 Million Kids Outdoors Campaign.
– Identify, develop, cultivate and maintain partnerships with metro-area governments, organizations, corporations and institutions to extend NWF’s reach to targeted populations and constituents.
– Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with key corporate and civic community leaders, organizations, and associations.
– With support from NWF’s Philanthropy team, identify and cultivate prospective corporations, private foundations, prospective donors, and current NWF members, in support of both local NWF activities and broader NWF organizational vitality.
– With support of various NWF functions (Membership, Conservation & Education, Action Team, Online and Internet, Merchandising, Publications, Corporate Relations, Special Events, MarComm) will devise and execute strategies using NWF-branded activities and programs, to help increase NWF’s membership ,activist, constituent, and volunteer base.
– Proactively seek and implement opportunities to link and leverage programs into funding packages to increase reach, revenue and engagement.
– Develop and maintain strong, credible relations with representatives of metro media markets. Serve as NWF spokesperson with elected officials, corporate, national partners and community leaders. Actively promote NWF programs in the Metro Market, through online activities (e.g. social media, blogging), traditional media and participation in local activities, meetings and events.
– Maintain effective communications with NWF staff across regions and departments, to keep the organization apprised of and engaged in opportunities to expand and strengthen NWF’ reach, revenue, and engagement in targeted metro areas.
– Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field.
– 5-7 years of sales, non-profit and/or fundraising experience.
– Excellent written, presentation and public speaking communications skills.
– Demonstrated ability to network, create meaningful connections, be a community builder
– Proven track-record of sales and ability to close deals and meet fundraising goals based on a donor-centric approach. (corporate, foundation, individual)
– Prior experience managing a campaign, partnership, or multi-faceted function or organization.
– Working knowledge of Social Media strategy and tactics using networking tools and web sites.
– Must have a public presence with knowledge of where power resides and have the ability to navigate the waters to gain access to it.
– Highly relational with strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
– Strong work ethic, self-directed, ability to work with changing priorities and team dynamics.
– Must possess strong analytical, strategic and creative thinking skills.
– A high sense of personal responsibility and the ability to act with confidence and tact.
– Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife for our children’s future. NWF offers an excellent benefits package. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please submit resume and cover letter to: http://www.nwf.org/About/Jobs-at-NWF.aspx