DESC is currently recruiting for a Mental Health Professional/Case Manager for our Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT).
Open 12 hours a day, Monday-Friday, and 8 hours a day on weekends & holidays, PACT is a nationally recognized practice that works with people with serious and persistent mental illness, assisting them in their journey towards recovery. The PACT model is distinguished by its intensive outreach and team-oriented, trans-disciplinary approach, as well as:
- Team Approach - DESC's PACT team consists of a psychiatrist, a psychiatric ARNP, nurses, mental health professionals, chemical dependency specialists, vocational specialists, social workers, and peer specialists all working together to help PACT participants reach their goals.
- Small Caseload - Our team consists of 12-14 staff serving about 90 participants. This results in a ratio of about 9 participants for each staff person.The team provides services in participants' home and community at least 75% of the time. All members of the team are expected to work with participants in a variety of shared functions.
- Fixed Point of Responsibility - Rather than sending participants to a variety of providers for assistance, the team provides most - if not all - the services each participant needs.
- Off-site Services - Staff provide most services in the community where the help is needed.
- Time Unlimited - Services are provided as long as they are needed. There is no fixed timeline or mandatory cut-off point, but some participants do "graduate" to less intensive services.
Staff work at least 1 evening shift and 1 weekend day in their regular schedule and rotate holiday and on-call time. All staff need to have internet access at home for after-hours crisis coverage shifts, a valid current Washington State driver's license & access to an automobile for work purposes.
- Masters degree in a social or behavioral science or relevant field. Equivalent relevant experience may not be substituted for degree requirement.
- Proof of relevant professional registration/license (minimum requirement is ability to quickly obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor registration).
- Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.
- Basic computer skills: email, data entry, file creation, correspondence.
- Must have a Washington State Driver's license, a reliable vehicle and current sufficient auto insurance.
- The ability to meet PACT scheduling requirements: A regular schedule of either Tue-Sat or Sun-Thu with a mix of 8am-4pm and 12-8pm shifts (including holidays). Participation in regular on-call rotation (paid) to provide 24-hour crisis coverage (both on the phone & in person) for mental health issues for PACT clients.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English preferred.
Go to www.desc.org/joinourteam/ for a detailed job description and salary information.
How to apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume via email@example.com.
- Email attachments will not be accepted unless they are in a format readable by MS Word or Adobe Reader. Attachments in such format as .wps or .jpeg will not be accepted.
- You may also mail your cover letter and resume to: DESC, ATTN: Human Resources, 515 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, or fax to (206) 515-1501.
fax to (206) 515-1501
515 Third Ave., Seattle, WA, 98104, US