The Mental Health Counselor is responsible for daily operations of the program milieu, assuring a safe, structured, and therapeutic environment that allows for participants' growth. The Mental Health Counselor is also responsible for safety practices, enforcing and monitoring policy and procedures. These duties may also include assisting participants with administration of their medications, and overseeing the daily living skills such as health, wellness, and hygiene of the participants and managing schedules or appointments. The Mental Health Counselor builds relationships with participants who have complex lives that may include drug and alcohol use. The Mental Health Counselor will provide services within a strengths-based, culturally-sophisticated, family-friendly environment that values respect, accountability, compassion, excellence, diversity, innovation, and integrity.
*This is an overnight shift schedule.* Thursday thru Monday: 11:00pm - 7am. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS.*
Union Affiliation: UFCW Local 5 IMPORTANTAll job offers are contingent upon successful, acceptable completion of Fred Finch Youth Center's conditions of employment. Conditions of employment include (but are not limited to) the following:
- DMV Clearance (i.e approved to be listed as a driver under FFYC's insurance policy)
- Criminal Background Clearance
- BA in social science discipline or 4 years work experience strongly preferred; high school diploma/GED required. Experience with target population (youth, young adults, intellectually disabled youth, etc.) and/or in a milieu setting strongly preferred.
- Clean driving record; current CA driver's license required, or ability to obtain within 10 days after hired.
- At least 1 year experience with program target population (Example: intellectually disabled, homeless, teens or young adults, SED); Preferred
- At least one year experience with program modality (example: school-based, residential, mobile/community-based, assertive community treatment, wraparound, etc.) Preferred
How to apply
Please apply to this link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=791942
- NO FAXES OR EMAILS, PLEASE!
3800 Coolidge Ave, Oakland, CA, 94602, US