The Vermont Natural Resources Council (VNRC) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual interested in environmental advocacy and non-profit development. Working with VNRC's development and communications team in Montpelier, the Membership & Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining, expanding and engaging with VNRC's membership and helping to ensure the long term success of the organization. The position involves:
• Assisting with and coordinating regular fundraising appeals and direct mail campaigns.
• Maintaining VNRC's membership database, and overseeing membership and gift processing, using the state-of-the-art Raiser's Edge® software.
• Assisting with a range of VNRC's communications efforts, including the development of brochures, general publications, electronic newsletters, renewal letters, fundraising appeals and social media communications (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
• Engaging with members, activists and citizens in a variety of settings to foster greater understanding of VNRC's mission and programs.
• Coordinating special events, organizational meetings, and membership gatherings, and representing VNRC in a variety of settings around the state.
• Working with VNRC's staff on a variety of projects to further the organization's goals and mission.
Founded in 1963, VNRC is Vermont's oldest independent environmental advocacy organization. VNRC works at the community and state level to advance policies, programs and practices that help Vermont address climate change and foster vibrant communities, healthy downtowns, clean and abundant water, working farms and forests, wild places, and clean energy.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, well organized and be able to manage several concurrent tasks. He/she should be able to work as part of a team, but also remain focused in what can be an extremely busy work environment. Strong technical and interpersonal skills, a passion for Vermont's future, a strong environmental ethic and a sense of humor are critical. A college degree is desirable but not required, and experience with Raisers Edge® software is highly preferred.
This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible. However, depending upon the qualifications of the applicant, there may be a full or part-time job-share opportunity for a candidate with database management experience and associated administrative skills. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Email or send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to Brian Shupe, Executive Director, VNRC, 9 Bailey Ave., Montpelier, VT 05602. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. VNRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.