The Children’s Aid Society is seeking a qualified social service professional to fill a position in our Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) Program in the Bronx. Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) is an intensive, short term (4 months) clinical, evidence-based family treatment model of service delivery that can be tailored to the needs of adolescents between the ages of 11 and 18 and their families. The four treatment domains are the individual adolescent, the parent(s), the family and the community. Therapeutic interventions are provided in the home, office, and school and include essential community partners in the therapeutic process. This model is most effective in the treatment of adolescents who are experimenting with or abusing substances, and/or may evidence co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders.
We are seeking the following staff: One (1) Bilingual/Spanish speaking MDFT Therapist who will carry a caseload of up to ten predominantly Spanish speaking families and who will be required to provide short term, intensive therapeutic interventions consistent with the MDFT model. MDFT therapist will receive training in the model from an MDFT Inc. consultant and will obtain ongoing supervision from an on-site CAS MDFT Supervisor. The MDFT Therapists will be required to comply with and demonstrate fidelity to the MDFT model and its policies, procedures and accountability as well as those of the Administration of Children’s Services (ACS).
– Master’s degree in social work (MSW) or a MA in a related field;
– Two years experience working with adolescents and families in a child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice setting.
– Willingness to learn and work within the Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) philosophy and model;
– Ability and willingness to work with families and teens in the home, school and other appropriate settings in the community
– Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends;
– Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team;
– Strong clinical skills and very good interpersonal/communication skills;
– Bilingual English/Spanish is required;
– Flexibility, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
– Computer literate.
How to apply
Please apply directly on our website at:
105 E. 22nd Street, New York, NY, 10010, US