|Summit Public Schools is searching for talented high school and middle school educators for the fall of 2014. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant, growing organization that is dedicated to transforming public education for its students!
More information about Summit can be found at www.summitps.org
Who We Are
To become a teacher at Summit Public Schools is to join a pioneering organization that is innovative, fast-moving and highly successful with students. Teaching at Summit Public Schools is not just about subject matter and curriculum, although these are critically important, but also about developing new methods of delivery and radical learning experiences. Each day, in activities across the learning spectrum, SPS teachers support students who will reach deep and substantial understandings in a highly differentiated and personalized environment.
Faculty at Summit Public Schools have more varied experiences than faculty at many schools do. While they have areas of specialization, all members of the faculty are responsible for developing a community of learners. This means that faculty members do a great deal more than running a single classroom. It means faculty teach with each other, teach alone and coach students individually. And it means that they build learning experiences, with technological and academic support from experts within Summit Public Schools.
Who You AreWe are currently looking for Math, Science, Spanish and Special Education teachers to work in our Daly City, Redwood City, Richmond, Sunnyvale and San Jose schools.
|Key Qualities and Characteristics of a Summit teacher:
* Maintains high expectations for all students and believes all students can be successful in college
* Collaborates widely with colleagues in other courses, to create the innovative products and classroom experiences that are vital for Summit students to internalize advanced academic skills.
* Has a strong focus on student performance; embodies a warm, positive AND rigorous approach to classroom management
* Implements project, problem and/or inquiry-based instruction to ensure student success
* Uses data to inform instruction every week
* Acts as a mentor to a group of students, coaching them on academic performance and counselling them towards college acceptance.
* Observes peers, participates in weekly professional practice dialogues and in the development & implementation of interdisciplinary curriculum
* Plays an active role in running a school site, contributing to the development & implementation of school policies in leadership meetings each week
Applicants should have at least a Bachelor's Degree and a teaching credential in the subject for which they are applying. (A Master's Degree in Education is preferred but not required.) Applicants also need the ability to work closely with a widely diverse student body, to work independently as a self-starter in a dynamic organization and to excel as a member of a team.
Most importantly, successful applicants to Summit Public Schools will possess flexibility, curiosity, perseverance, a sense of humor and a burning passion to see students succeed.
Summit Public Schools, 455 5th Avennue, Redwood City, CA, 94063, US