The U.S. Green Building Council, a Washington, DC-based national nonprofit organization of over 15,000 corporate and organizational members from every sector of the building industry united to transform the building marketplace to sustainability
USGBC is currently seeking an energetic self-starter to join its fast-paced Marketing & Communications Team as a Marketing Project Coordinator.
The Marketing Project Coordinator will function primarily in a project manager capacity. This staff will manage department projects from conception through completion on time and on budget. The position is responsible for carrying out day-to-day marketing-related activities as well as aiding in the development of market strategies for particular programs for USGBC.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Plan, conduct and coordinate a range of Marketing activities
- Serve as project manager for program directors and/or senior staff, coordinating specific program initiatives, e.g., development/production of brochures, presentations, publications, direct mail pieces, etc., meeting budget and schedules
- Effectively screen, retain and manage work with outside resources (graphic designers, printers and other service providers) to accomplish projects
- Coordinate production of USGBC printed collateral, materials, etc with internal and external resources
- Help develop strategy on account-specific Marketing activities as well as program marketing strategy
- Help develop/maintain marketing information systems including reporting, tracking, scheduling, etc
- Handle heavy project-specific involvement in budgeting process: oversee spending for accounts; maintain, track and verify accounts budget ; including coordination with project calendar and timeline.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Business (Marketing) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Professional)
- General understanding of relational databases (e.g., Access, Salesforce)
- Ability to understand principles of layout and apply to marketing materials
- Knowledge of the print/publication process from design through delivery
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Good organization, writing and communication skills
- Commitment to USGBC’s mission
How to apply
If you find a position that is a great fit with your expertise and experience, please
- Email or fax your resume and a letter of interest to our human resources department.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
Ways to contact HR
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax 202-478-5046
- No phone calls, please