Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) is the national leader in high school climate science education; its mission is to educate and inspire youth to take action to curb the causes of climate change. ACE accomplishes this mission through dynamic, award winning multimedia school assemblies, student action campaigns and leadership opportunities reaching well beyond campus grounds with local ACE Educators in 15 metro areas across the United States.
ACE is a young, dynamic nonprofit organization making climate science interesting and fun. We are innovation-led and results-oriented, and believe that today’s students can be today’s climate leaders. Since 2009, ACE has reached 1.4 million high school students.
ACE employees get great benefits, a passionate team of coworkers and the power to change the world for the better.
ACE reaches young people where they are ; in schools, but also on Facebook, Tumblr and in texts ; and gives their stories, concerns and victories a voice.
We’re looking for a marketing manager to keep the day-to-day communications going ; email marketing, social media content and monitoring, helping students, alumni and teachers guest-blog for us.
Our next marketing manager has a passion for the next great thing online: you’ve got a Google+ account, have pinned/Tumbld or MLKSHKed something in the last 7 days and know what the hot meme is going to be after people tire of grumpy cat. You’ve got a creative streak ; some experience in Photoshop, a few victories in iMovie or Final Cut or you update your personal or professional blog on a regular basis.
But you understand metrics and thrive on data in your “day job” ; A/B testing, open rates, CPMs. You see typos ; in your work and in others. You can write a good creative brief for others. You like mentoring people ; whether tutoring and volunteering or working with junior staff. You’re a voracious learner and are eager to learn more.
And you like working as part of a team ; brainstorming, collaborating and establishing systems so everyone ; other staff, students and partners – can join in.
You’ll work at our Oakland office, just three blocks from 19th Street BART.
- Maintain the organization’s communications calendar
- Manage and edit story submissions from the field ; students, field staff and partners
- Lead the story “dashboard” ; giving the organization a picture of where our storytelling is strong and where we need to put resources
- Keep the home page, student stories and blog section of acespace.org up to date (as a great feeder for social media)
- Support, encourage, reward and track staff participation in ACE’s social media
- Write and/or edit email content to make sure it’s on brand voice and lined up with similar messages in the communications calendar
- Look out for new opportunities to reach audiences effectively
- Support press outreach as needed
- Manage outside brand, design or video vendors as needed
- Work collaboratively with our engagement strategist to test and improve outbound communications
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, advertising and/or PR
- Experience with email marketing protocols and best practices
- Strong interest in social media and online marketing ; personally active online
- Familiarity with Google Apps and Microsoft Excel
- Naturally curious and excited to discover, learn and try new things to achieve target results
- A belief that the power of students, with science education, skills and confidence can be ready for their future and the issue of climate change
- Experience with Salesforce, Drupal, WordPress, ExactTarget
- Knowledge of basic HTML and/or CSS
- Understanding of email effectiveness testing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Final Cut or iMovie
- Nonprofit experience
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please include:
– a cover letter (including your salary expectations)
– any relevant links
Salary: DOE, include salary expectations
Anticipated Start Date: January 3, 2013
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Oakland, CA
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and any relevant links.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. ACE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applications.
How to apply
Please attach a current resume, cover letter & any relevant links online at: http://www.acespace.org/about/careers
Please no emails or phone calls unless experiencing technical difficulties with the online application system.