AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
Position: Marketing Manager
Department: Global Business Development
The American Museum of Natural History, headquartered in New York City, is seeking a motivated individual to help support the marketing efforts of the Global Business Development sales team. Current business lines include traveling exhibitions, intellectual properties, planetarium content, licensing, publishing, HD video and educational materials and tools. We serve over 120 partner institutions on five continents. Delivery of such content fulfills the Museum's mission to promote science literacy and education, creates increased visibility for AMNH and the sponsors of its programs, and generates revenue for the museum programs.
This position will work with the head of the department as well as other sales staff, operations managers, scientists and educators.
• Assist in the development and implementation of marketing, advertising promotional materials to drive sales to partnering institutions
• Assist in the development and implementation of integrated marketing materials to bundle with traveling exhibitions
• Update and maintain contact database, salesforce.com, creating reports and doing basic analysis as necessary
• Keep sales materials ready by coordinating inventory, orders and fulfillment of brochures, ensuring the website is up to date, and ensuring easy access to up-to-date sales presentations
• Assist in the coordination of partner meetings, trade shows, and other sales events.
• Research competitive products and industry trends, creating and maintaining research databases and presentations
• Develop creative and innovative solutions that can drive efficiency, profitability and value for the sales process
• Minimum 3 ; 4 years marketing, sales administration or other relevant experience
• Sound understanding of the principles of marketing
• Creative and innovative
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good project management skills
• Strong understanding of new technologies and social media and how they can be applied to marketing
• Well developed communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong copywriting skills
• Team player ; works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded
• Science background, or other exposure to academic or museum processes would be an advantage but is not required
• International exposure and foreign languages a plus but not required
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Illustrator a plus
• Excellent Word (creation of templates and macros), Excel, PowerPoint (Prezi experience would be a plus), and Outlook skills
• Must be upbeat, articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
• Need to have an outgoing, dynamic personality and be comfortable interacting with various personalities and different levels of negotiations
• Must be an effective problem solver and an excellent communicator
• Educational requirements ;Bachelor's degree, or its international equivalent, required
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary history to: email@example.com.
Background on AMNH
The American Museum of Natural History was founded in 1869 and is one of the largest and most innovative natural history museums in the world. The Museum attracts millions of visitors a year from around the globe and provides instruction to more than 500,000 schoolchildren. The Museum comprises 25 interconnected buildings with 42 permanent exhibition halls, housing a collection of 32 million specimens and cultural artifacts, numerous state-of-the-art research laboratories and teaching facilities, and one of the largest independent natural history libraries in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to discovering, interpreting, and disseminating knowledge, it has a scientific staff of over 200 conducting research in multiple disciplines. The Museum's large award-winning design, editorial, engineering and production staff develops exhibitions and media that are viewed daily around the globe.